• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"O-Of course not, i-I don't even like milk!" He insisted, completely unaware that it was a joke. Once being pulled into a hug, his first thought was to tense and cower, closing his eyes tight in fear... even though he couldn't actually be hurt. After years of emotional and physical abuse, he never dealt with people being angry at him well, the simplest of raised tone causing him to panic. It wasn't until he realized he wasn't going to get hurt that he relaxed enough to hug the other tight in return, his sobs muffled by his face being pressed into Nyle's shirt.

"I'm sorry," he repeated quietly, refusing to move from his position. "I-I'm... sorry, I-I don't want to make you upset."

"I'm not upset, I mean-- I am but I don't want to keep whinging about it. I have a go at you for moaning, so I'm not gonna be a hypocrite, 'kay? Let's just... go sit down, watch some Kardashians and chill out, because really, I still feel like shit. The doctors were not gentle, shoving all sorts of stuff in me," he groaned, moving in front of Leo towards the couch in the living room, if only to show the ghost that he was all ready to just forget about the drama. Being killed shouldn't have been forgotten in such a short time, but he couldn't help but to forgive him.

"Where did you even get your hands on poison?" He murmured, despite his preference to drop the conversation. He was too curious to leave that question unanswered. "I mean, I haven't seen any poison around the place."

"The realtor set up rat poison. The place is old, so rats get in sometimes. She put a bottle in the utility room, so... I dunno, I just put little drops in," he admitted in a whisper once sitting down, fiddling with his hands nervously. "In all of the cartoons I've watched, it didn't go painfully. I just thought you would - I dunno, I'm sorry."

Sniffling, he wiped his eyes once again, only really relaxing once the cat had hopped on his lap. Bitters had been the only person he could go to for affection so it was natural that he pulled the cat close.

"Ah, rat poison. Here's me thinking it was something like in all those crime shows, you know? Something cool. Rat poison ain't cool-- butt hat sums me up, huh? Uncool," he smirked, somehow finding some amusement in it all. He didn't find it funny, not really, but he was happy to fake it a little if it made the other feel a little less awkward.

"Look, stop apologising. If you didn't bring me back, I'd be fucking furious, but hey, I'm sort of alive and feeling a little less sick, so... what's the point of still saying sorry?"

"I shouldn't have done it in the first place," he replied with a sniffle, though his weepy time died down a bit at the other's smile. It was a good sign that he at least wasn't going to be yelled at, which was always his biggest fear.

"Crime shows? What else would I use? I can't make ricin, you don't even like rice. That's... I mean, I don't watch many crime shows," he explained as he raked his fingers through Bitters' fur affectionately

"I dunno, I just heard of these gangsters slipping poison into ice cubes, letting it dissolve into the drink and then, bam, the guy that drank it is dead on the floor. That'd be an awesome way to die-- not that I'm trying to give you ideas here. But hey, if you ever pull a stunt like this again, try and be more imaginative. I want to die and look cool. I looked a right mess, Leo. My eyes were red, I was pale and shaky-- imagine me being that way for the rest of eternity?" He murmured with a dramatic shake of his head, pressing a tad closer with one arm now affectionately wrapped around his boyfriend, and the other absently petting down Bitters' fur.

"Imagine having gashes on your wrist for the rest of eternity," he countered dryly, mostly to tease the other enough to make him a bit uncomfortable before shyly smiling. "You'd just look like a sleepless college student, Nyle, relax. I mean, you could cut off your head and I still would call you pretty,"

Staring down his feet, he slowly let his eyes drift towards the suitcases with pursed lips. The longer they sat, the more uncomfortable he grew

Noticing the glance to the luggage (given his glances were hardly very subtle), he offered a small snort he hoped would sound supportive. "Relax, I'm not going anywhere-- for a week or two, anyway. Like I said, my Dad wants to me to go visit for my sister's birthday and stuff, and then I'll only be gone a day or two."

"Okay, yeah," he nodded, his lips pursing tight nervously. "You should unpack, then. It's making me nervous, to be honest. I... I mean, I don't want you to never come back, you know? I know that sounds lame or creeepy, but... I want to know that you'll come back. I... I love you, I don't know what I would do without you here.."

Nervously tapping his fingers on his lap, his eyes remained on the luggage as if it was a viper ready to pounce, feeling safer the further away he was. He shook his head quickly to focus on the other instead, smiling shyly.

"You know, you're gonna have to trust me. I... trust you. Not as much as I used to, obviously, but I think you learned from your mistake, so I trust you. You need to start taking my word as gospel truth. I'm not leaving here and I will... live here with you permanently one day when I, like, end it or whatever. Doesn't matter when that is-- it's not now, though," he promised, growing genuinely exasperated at having to constantly repeat himself. He always knew Leo was insecure, and he didn't mind reassuring him, but to do so every day? It was understandably tiring.

"I don't want to unpack. What's the point, when I'm off again in a few days? I'm too lazy to, like, unpack and pack all over again in such a short time. We'll just shove the suitcase behind the sofa, out of view."

Offering a final nod in response, he chose to remain quiet in fear of somehow messing up more. Even with Leo's lack of social understandings, he knew that he was being annoying. In all honesty, he wanted to disappear, maybe give Nyle some space, though the thought only made him anxious, fearful that doing that would be equally as bad.

"How are you going to explain... us? I mean, I couldn't come with you, but why? You can't say , 'hey, my boyfriend is permanently stuck in my home", can you? I mean... I hate that. I-I want to meet your family one day, face-to-face."

"Course I could. I could say you're sick or something and that you need rest. I mean, they know I've been ill-- I'll just say you caught something off me and couldn't make the trip. They're not gonna be doubting that and then, next time, they can come here and you can meet 'em properly. It's nothing you need to stress over," he promised, forcing a smile again as he pushed himself off the couch. The last thing he wanted to do was move off the couch, after everything he'd gone through, but the luggage was clearly making Leo uncomfortable, so moving it behind the couch sooner rather than later would -hopefully- stop the anxiousness.

"That would be nice," he admitted with a smile, both with relief at the bags being hidden by the door and with the genuine happiness at the idea. In reality he would most likely just hide away the whole time in fear, but he was far too naive to realize that. Scooting over a tad for Nyle to sit closer, he physically relaxed before offering a peck to the other's cheek.

"I... I think you need it, yeah. I mean, as long as you video chat me every night? That would be nice..."

"Well, duh. If I don't talk to you, they'll end up making me go mad. Having three teenage sisters is hardly easy. I'll need you to keep me sane," he pointed out slowly, leaning back in and, once deciding that he really shouldn't be moving about so much and deserved the rest, he moved to rest his legs across the ghost's lap.

"You can at least spoil me today. You now, fetch me ice cream, make me cups of tea-- all that shit. I deserve it, hm?"

"How am I supposed to do that when your legs are on my lap? I mean, I could easily phase through but I know how uncomfortable that makes you," he reminded smugly, though carefully rubbed the other's legs nonetheless. Leaning over to offer a quick kiss, he carefully lifted the man's legs to at least save the creepy fact that he could just walk through the other.

"The icecream might have frost," he reminded as he wandered to the fridge, rummaging around. He had no need to open the thing so, unsurprisingly, he didn't really check the status of food. Tugging out the small Friendly's icecream, he set it aside befoe hurrying to the kettle. He could easily do all of this without looking but he wanted to at least try to pretend everything was normal.

"It doesn't make me that uncomfortable-- I mean, it does, but don't let that stop you, dude," he sighed, watching him head off. The effort the other went through just to make Nyle feel comfortable was endearing, but that didn't mean Nyle necessarily supported it. If Leo wanted to phase through things for ease, he should.

"You're a ghost, right? I'm not going to really forget that in a hurry, so do what you wanna do. Phase through shit, float about-- whatever. I'm cool with it at this point."

"I owe it to you," he replied easily as he once again rummaged to find a mug and honey. Squeezing the correct amount of honey into the bottom, he hurried over to Nyle with the icecream and a spoon, a nervous smile on his lips that was clearly indicative of his need to make the other happy and forgive him.

"It really doesn't bother me. I was human, I know how to do things normally," Leo reminded as he wandered back to the kitchen, wincing just a tad at the loud whistle. "You can't lie, I know it's better to just pretend that I'm alive. It makes me feel better."

"Yeah, but it ain't the reality, Leo. You aren't alive and that's... fine by me. And hell, if I'm going to accept it, I at least want to see you do ghost stuff. What's the point of me boasting about having a ghost boyfriend if you're not going to emphasise that?" He grinned, this all being a part of the mission to boost Leo's self-worth. He wasn't that comfortable yet with Leo being a ghost, but he could definitely learn to be okay with it, if it meant Leo starting to genuinely see himself as worthy of love and affection.

Reactions: saturnia pavonia
The other's words immediately made a faint blush appear on his cheeks, a bashful smile following suit. Pouring out a cup of tea, he immediately accepted the other as was evident of both him and the tea appearing besides the other.

"That makes everything a lot easier," he admitted as he handed the mug over: "I mean, I still love to be able to do more human things with you, like snuggle or wrap blankets around us, you know? I'm wondering what it'll be like when you die. Will I be able to really touch you? I can't feel the textures of your skin very well," he tried to explain as he rested his head on the other's shoulder, his eyes closing

"...You should of, like, hugged me when I did die a few days ago-- though I guess we were more preoccupied trying to save me, huh? I'm sure that when I do die, we'll be alright. It'll be fun, you know? We could haunt the hell out of anyone who buys this place. If I'm gonna be a ghost one day, I want to do some haunting. What's the point of being a ghost if you don't haunt the living? You chose to date instead of haunting me, which I appreciate, but you could have tried to scare me," he began as he playfully nudged the ghost at his side-- not that he really meant much of what he said. If the other had taken the scaring route, rather than the romantic one, he was pretty sure they wouldn't be as close as they were now. In fact, he was almost certain he'd have returned home to Philadelphia if Leo had really put effort into scaring him.