Last Chance House (Shadez & Bored)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Three days?" Ivy asked, glaring at Dez for a long while before finally remembering that tidbit in the letter. "Right." She looked away from him, clearly upset still, and tried to find some solution in the mess that was her room. Now that Cal was no longer sharing with her, the random children gone to a safer house, there was no one to clean the mess. Once more the tears welled up in her eyes and she shrugged Dez off of her shoulder, bringing her arms around her waist to make herself smaller. "Let's scope the place out."

Her voice was soft as she spoke and she didn't look up at him once during. "We'll scope it out today, make a plan, and..." Her gaze shifted across the crowded floor of books and clothes as her mind raced about. After today she would take to sleeping in the study, if only in an attempt to catch the culprit in the act. If it was someone in the house, which seemed to be lacking proof since there were only so many of them, then it would be the perfect way to find out. But if it wasn't...Ivy dug her nails into the skin at her waist, her shirt being a crop top, and finally looked at Dez. "Fuck, we'll have to take Roland with us. You're useless, no offense, and I'm not exactly winning a prize with my abilities."

Dez frowned, mulling over Ivy's suggestion, trying to ignore her vulnerability at that exact moment. Something about her voice softening left him feeling defenseless and ill-prepared for their mission. He wasn't even sure a 'mission' was really what they could call this situation, seeing as they couldn't even substantiate what little evidence there was of this bomb threat. The boy sighed, lips pursed. Times like these usually led Dez to consult his sister. She wasn't always the most strategic person, but she could be quite quick on her feet when it came to creative solutions, something that would have been handy in this exact moment.
"Fine," he relented after a moment of silence, muscles tensing. He wasn't ready to suggest his sister help, especially when they weren't even on speaking terms at the moment. Roland alone would be hard to convince. Dez didn't think he could deal with the both of them, especially when Cal was more likely to be a liability than helpful.
"Charles really chose a poor time to leave," Dez grumbled to himself, shoving his hands in his pockets.
"Roroooooooooo~!" he called, trying not to waste any more of their time.

When Dez said fine Ivy seemed to melt as all the tension she'd been holding in her tiny frame let go. It sent a little rush of blood through her head and she swayed just barely on her feet from being light headed. She needed to eat, but her stomach was now such a mess of nerves that she doubted she could a bite down. "Thank you." Her voice was softer than a whisper and she was sure he didn't hear, which was just as well since she hated relying on others.

"Yes." Roland stepped out of the adjoining room, having heard the whole conversation. Ivy wasn't exactly a quiet person, but he had decided it was best for him to stay out it. He figured that Dez was playing a cruel joke on the poor girl as he towered over them, looking as uninterested and angry as ever.

Ivy seemed to wilt under his stare and she moved just a smidge closer to Dez, unknowingly to herself, and found a small bit of strength. "We got a note." She made to hand it to him, but realized she didn't have it anymore.

"I heard." He only seemed to get scarier the more she stared up at him and he could tell that she was getting more and more uncomfortable. "Let's go." Was all he said as he turned effortlessly on his heel and made for the front room.

Dez grew more agitated by the moment, Roland's hard expressions doing little to assist his patience. Bouncing from foot to foot as he rummaged through his pocket for the letter. Wiping away a bit of ash, he handed the sheet to Roland, giving him a hard expression before turning back to Ivy.

The girl was stiff, to say the least, shoulders scrunched and arms tucked in, shrinking under Roland's heavy gaze. Dez only shook his head, taking the girl's hand lightly within his own, leaving lots of room for her to pull away if she wanted to, but still giving her a slight tug forward so she wasn't trailing behind them both. Sneaking a peek from the corner of his eye, his gaze softened once more before he turned his attention forward again.

'It'll be fine… it's not even real. Probably just some sick joke someone pulled to scare us,' he thought, stomach clenching, despite himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roland skimmed over the note and shoved it into his pocket as he kept walking, quickly leaving the house. He left the door open for the other to and, after checking to make sure there were no onlookers, he began the walk to the bus stop. They lived in a part of the city that was basically deserted, for their secrecy, and though there was a nice diner (the Cal worked at) and a park nearby, everything else took a bus to get to. He showed his monthly pass and took a seat in the back.

Ivy held Dez's hand as they walked, finding it easier to calm down when he was there to support her. She didn't usually like relying on others, but knowing someone had been in the study rocked her to the core. It sent her spiraling down a dark hole of memories that she never wanted to relive and as they left the house she made sure that no one saw them. Not that it was widely known that this was a Last Chance House, but rumors spread fast. The boys that had beaten her up had thankfully been in a different neighbor and she'd made sure then that they hadn't followed her home. What if the person who broke in comes back? Her thoughts were beginning to run wild again and her hold on Dez's hand tightened ever so slightly as they reached the bus stop.

She let go of his hand when they boarded the bus and showed her pass, taking a seat behind Roland. The ride wasn't too long, but it didn't stop her from worrying. It wasn't until they reached the mall that she wondered just what they could do to stop a bomb threat. They climbed out of the bus and she looked up at the large building.

"Should we spread out?" Roland asked, clearly not amused by the prospect of spending the day looking for a fake threat. His eyes pierced Dez's as he hoped the boy would admit to his prank sooner rather than later.

"I've been thinking about it," Ivy began as she rummaged through her bag and pulled out a notebook. "We should each take a copy of the mall's map. Find out where the security cameras are and see if we can find any blind spots that we should put our attention towards." She looked up at the two guys and handed each of them a slight notepad and a pen. "Keep an eye out for anything slightly unusual for a mall. Or if someone seems to be moving a lot of boxes. Just...use your brains." Her words were a little harsh, but Roland knew that that was just her way of talking. "You guys brought your cell phones, right?"

Roland shook his head. He honestly had no clue where the piece of plastic had gone to, having found no need for it. All the people he needed to talk to where usually within shouting distance, though he never did shout, so he had left the cell phone to run out of battery and die. He was pretty sure that Ivy only used her cell phone to Google useless things that the books in the study couldn't tell her about.

"Well..." Ivy bit her lower lip and chewed thoughtfully for a moment. "I guess I'm not as worried about you. Dez, do you have yours?"

Dez fumbled with his bus pass, groaning when the driver told him it'd expired. Digging in his pockets for change, coins scattered along the floor, clanging loudly in his wake. He flushed darkly, pulling out a crumpled five. The driver gave him a weary look and sighed.
"No change."
Dez opened his mouth to argue, glanced back at Ivy and Roland, who were already seated, and shut it again, letting out another frustrated sigh.
"Fine," he agreed, taking his ticket. It'd cover his transit for the day, but he'd have to renew his monthly pass if he didn't want to relive the embarrassment.
Taking a seat next to Ivy, he stared out the closest window, watching the world pass. Bouncing his knee, animatedly, he hummed to himself, trying not to let his impatience get the better of him. Really, what he wanted to was to get this weird bomb threat prank behind them and move on.

As they exited the bus, Dez removed his phone and handed it to Ivy.
"Add your number and I'll text you, or call your phone and text me," he said. He wanted to be available on the off chance anything came up while they were there.
"Also…. Be aware of bags or packages that have been left unattended. That's a common issue in airports, so if you see one, don't move it…. I saw it on a documentary once," he admitted, taking one of the notepads and a pen before glancing at Roland, submitting to his glare.
"Just to be clear… I didn't do this…" he grumbled, glaring back at him, gaze unwavering. Dez wanted to make it abundantly clear that none of this was his doing, especially since he could tell the others had both been thinking it.

"Good advice." Ivy said as she quickly put her number in Dez's phone and sent a text to herself. She handed it back and began walking off in a different direction. Then she remembered something and turned around to shout at them. "I'ma go this way. You two take different areas as well. We'll meet up in about an hour at the cafe." As she was talking one of her ankles hit something solid and she pinwheeled for just a moment before hitting the ground. People around her gave her a wide space, but no one made to help her up.

Sheepishly she stood back up, dusted herself off, and waved at Dez and Roland before finally leaving their sight.

Roland immediately sighed. "She's going to get herself killed." He muttered, sounding harsher than he meant to. He pried his gaze away from her retreating figure and towards the notepad in his hand. "If you didn't do this...then let's get this over with quickly. I doubt there's an actual threat here." But on the off chance that Ivy was planning on dragging them back in three days he wanted to be as efficient as possible. He didn't believe in playing hero, but if something did happen to innocent people he'd never forgive himself.

Without another word he went in a different direction from Ivy, leaving whatever was left for Dez.

Dez watched Ivy go, jumping as she tripped, moving a step closer in case she needed a hand. It wasn't until she was nearly out of sight that he gave Roland a weary glance.
"How…are we supposed to do this…?" he wondered allowed, eyes raising to the ceiling. He made note of a few cameras in the general vicinity, but Dez quickly found himself growing bored. It wasn't long before he was then approached by a nearby security guard.
"Can I help you?" he asked gruffly, the inflection of his voice implying he was by no means actually asking to aid Dez.
Dez frowned, looking down at his map and back up at the guard.
"I'm trying to do a security risk analysis of the mall for a class. We're supposed to make note of resources in the event of a disaster and what security protocols we notice in an environment of our choosing…." he said, giving the man a sheepish smile.
The man quirked a brow, crossing his arms, obviously not impressed with that answer.
Dez sighed, scratching his head nervously, peering at his notebook and back again.
"And what class is this?" he asked.
"Environmental Safety and Risk Assessment… it's meant to prepare you for emergency situations and respond quickly and effectively….. I'm trying to make note of all the exits, cameras, water sources, fire alarms, and fire extinguishers that I can see right now. Is there anything else I should be aware of?" he asked, presenting his map with all the markings he'd made thus far.
The man's expression softened as he noted some of the safety zones Dez had made note of. Taking his pen, the man circled a spot on the map and handed the pen back, reaching into his pocket. Dez tensed for a moment, staring intently at the circle.
"Security office," he clarified, pulling a few emergency safety pamphlets from his pocket, handing them to the boy. He grinned, opening a few and looking at them intently.
"Oh med kit protocols…. I didn't know that they changed every year. That's really handy to know. Thanks!"
The man rolled his eyes, shaking his head, chuckling to himself.
"Read a few of those. I'll be around if you have any questions," he offered, leaving him to read.
'I can't believe I got away with that….' he thought, letting out a sigh, leafing through a few protocols before he added some more notes to his map and notebook.
Checking his phone, Dez started making his way back to the cafe. He hadn't seen anything of particular note on his side of the mall, but then again, he'd only checked out a few blocks. Humming to himself, he strolled at a leisurely pace, not wanting to attract any more unwanted attention to himself when suddenly his phone buzzed.

Unlocking it expectantly, Dez frowned in disappointment.
'Where is the med kit?'
Callé.
'What happened?'
Cal started typing and stopped a few times before returning his text. Dez's brow creased in frustration at his phone as he made it to the cafe.
'Fell on my run. Scraped my knees.'
'Is that all?'
It took her another minute to respond, a picture of her scraped knee following, rather than a written response.
'Med kit is on my bed,' he sent back, a nagging feeling in the pit of his stomach.
'thx'
This time it took him a moment to respond, clenching and unclenching his jaw in frustration as he analyzed the picture and mulled over his thoughts, muddled by bomb threats and security, brotherly concern and guilt peppered in throughout.
'You aren't… harming yourself again…are you?'
She didn't respond. Dez bit his lip, staring intently at his phone, willing the ellipsis of her typing to surface. They didn't.
Dez growled to himself, cursing as he tossed his phone onto the table he now occupied, rubbing his eyes in an irritated manner.
Picking it up again, he tried to call, only to be cut off by her answering machine.
"Dammit Callé!"

((This is not to glorify self-harm. Anyone who is reading this, if you are thinking of harming yourself or having thoughts of suicide, please seek professional help or check out THIS site for more information.))

Reactions: BoredAsUsual
"Excuse me." Ven reached over and politely tapped on Dez's shoulder to get his attention, but his glare was anything but nice. "Some of us are trying to enjoy our coffee without an insufferably idiot shouting next to their ear." His eyes, one startlingly gold and the other a sea foam green, were piercing as they scanned over the other boy's face and then body. The look could almost be one of sexual interest, but considering the smirk on his lips and slight furrow of his brows he was irritated.

Ven wasn't surprised that Dez was here, since he had been the one to leave the letter for Ivy, but he was a little surprised that he had been so absorbed in his book that he hadn't even noticed their arrival. He was tempted to ask the male just how long he had been here, but that would've been too suspicious. He placed an unusual looking bookmark in his first edition copy of Persuasion by Jane Austen and stood up, moving to take a seat at Dez's little table. "So, loud individual who has disturbed my reading, what's bothering you. Who comes to a cafe to yell at their phone?" Ven's smirk turned playfully, yet still mean, as his eyes twinkled with interest. He doubted the boy would admit to looking for a bomb threat, but that didn't mean he couldn't have some fun with him. "Did your girlfriend dump you? Lose a game of Candy Crush?"

The rude boy pulled a satchel onto his lap and delicately placed his book inside, making sure that it was safe within the bag. He flicked his gaze back at Dez, expression unreadable as his black shaggy locks concealed enough of his face but that smirk was still there. The satchel remained on his lap, his hands on it in an almost protective way, but he straightened up to continue looking at Dez. He had often been told that his eyes were creepy, unsettling really with that way he liked to stare at people, and he wondered if the other male found them that way as well. If his eyes didn't set him off then the constant smirk should do the trick, but he had noticed that these Last Chance people were weird.

Last edited:
Dez looked up, someone interrupting his thoughts, his hand moving to grab his phone to cover the screen instinctually. Looking away, he squirmed uncomfortably in his seat, unnerved by the stranger's gaze. Trying not to be rude, Dez forced himself to look back up and directly into their eyes to show his attention was on them. Opening his mouth, he felt his jaw go slack, brain fumbling for a moment longer than he would have liked, before hastily closing again.
'Don't stare… don't stare… don't stare…' he thought, finding a sudden interest in the wall to his left, his thumbs starting to drum lightly on the table.
Dez coughed awkwardly, trying again.
"My sister is just getting on my nerves. Siblings,' he joked, shrugging lightly. He didn't really want to discuss how on edge he was about her lack of response, especially with someone he didn't know.
"Sorry, she just really pushes my buttons, you know?" he added, smiling sheepishly.

The more visibly uncomfortable Dez grew the bigger the smirk on Ven's face became, until he found himself having quite the malicious grin. He delighted in the misfortune of others and Dez was making things too easy for him. For just a moment, when the other male was refusing to look away from what he knew was an unsettling gaze, he found himself a little startled, but it quickly subsided when Dez did look away. That was sadly just the effect he had on people. Those same peculiar eyes moved to watch Dez's fingers as they drummed on the table, tucking the information that that gave away for another day.

"I don't know, actually." Ven's entire expression dropped and his glare was back as he tired to bore into Dez's skull with his eyes. "No family for me. Or friends." His tone wobbled a bit with something that was borderline insanity, a weird high pitch that clashed with his unbothered expression. Almost as if he were saying, 'can you believe that?' when it was obvious why someone like him might not have friends. "My name is Ven." He didn't offer his hand, instead tightening his hold on his satchel. "Do you often come to the mall to get into fights with your siblings?" He wanted to know just who had come with Dez. Was Ivy in this mall somewhere? The thought sent a tiny thrill through him, but he shoved it deep down.

~X~

Ivy was just finishing up her own section of the mall when she passed by the book store, for the fifth time. She had been walking back and forth in front of the place for a while now, but hadn't dared go in. They were here for an important live saving operation and though books saved her life she couldn't resist thinking about how flammable they would be if a bomb were to go off. So she had waited until she had done all she had come for and then trudged inside.

Though she appeared reluctant she was actually excited. The book store was attached to the cafe they had agreed to meet at so while looking for a new, or old, book she could keep an eye on the tables. If Dez or Roland did show up she'd just make a show of coming from a different area altogether. Her only problem was that as soon as she picked up a book she slipped out of the present and was completely absorbed.

Dez pursed his lips, looking up to speak again, only to pause and lean back from Ven, shrinking away from his intense stare, though making sure to make eye contact, brows quirking as he drummed faster.
"Dez… you have really…. intense…features," he blurted, unable to keep himself from staring this time.
"Needed… a change of scenery," he added, shrugging again.
"What are you here for? New book?" he asked, caught between trying to be polite and trying to make conversation so he didn't say anything excessively stupid.

"Intense?" Momentarily caught off guard by the unexpected evaluation Ven blinked at Dez, a slight flush burning up his neck. That's new, he thought and hid a tiny smile. He doubted it was a compliment, but no one had ever said anything so nice to him before. "Thanks." The corner of his mouth quirked up in an almost shy smile, but it quickly resembled his smirk as he slipped back into the conversation.

"Really?" Ven asked in reference to the 'change of scenery' comment, but didn't push it. If he didn't come alone then he'd see the others soon enough. A cafe was a convenient place to meet up and one of the main reasons he had decided to wait for them here. "Yes, a new book." Excitement buzzed through his fingers as he felt the hard cover of his Jane Austen novel through the fabric of his bag. "This place has a surprisingly good selection." For a moment he stopped seeming intense and creepy as he thought about the world he could he easily slip into for escape, though he wasn't aware of the change. "Well, not this place. Cafe's wouldn't have such a great collection."

He gestured to the open doorway behind him with a thumb, pointing out the opening of the bookstore. "You wouldn't believe what you can find in there." If Dez were to follow where Ven was pointing he would be able to spot Ivy as she struggled to hold multiple books in one arm while using her free hand to grab and open yet another book. Ven was completely unaware of this fact though and began rummaging inside of his bag for something. "Do you plan on ordering anything from here or just taking up scenic space?"

Dez relaxed a little as the conversation seemed to take a slight turn, offering a slight smile as he looked around the cafe.
"They have a decent selection…of coffee, I would imagine?" he said, play on words coming to mind as his hands still danced. Following Ven's gaze, Dez caught sight of his bag, head tilting to the side as he considered books.
There was a pause and a slight disconnect from Dez's brain to his lips, as he pointed at the bag, expression inquiring. as his brain skipped from 'man purse,' chiding itself as he recalled how Cal had mentioned 'tact.' 'Just purse then, or—' but it was too late, words were already spilling from his lips as his body responded faster than his head could stop him.
"Murse?" he asked dumbly, blurting out the word before he could stop himself. Heat rose up from his shoulders to his ears in response, and he covered his face in one hand, letting out a long sigh.
"Sorry…" he coughed.
"Your bag, I mean—" he motioned with his hand with a soft waving motion, trying to wipe away the embarrassment as he regained his composure.
"Good for carrying books…." he muttered, only making it worse, only to glance up, following Ven's point towards the cafe.
Dez stood up abruptly, his chair squealing behind him with the sudden motion, his voice cracking in surprise.
"Oh geez. Just a second— sorry," he said, rushing towards the other, and tossing the apology behind him to help Ivy with all the books.

"Murse?" Ven tilted his head to the side, a little too far, and his glare was back. "It's just a bag." Oh right, he thought as he once again held the bag close, some guys were so frail in their masculinity that having a bag was a big no no. But to Ven he just didn't understand how one was suppose to go about their day without a bag. Where did you put your pen and notebook? Your novel, biography, and poetry books respectively in case you weren't in the mode for one or the other? It was a mystery to him how most men would give up this basic comfort to feel secure in how manly they were. But being called a homo for the majority of his childhood had made him see the lack of anything good coming from being manly. It didn't matter how hard he tried, he would never be that.

Ven jolted a bit at Dez's sudden movement, flinching as he were about to be hit and for a moment he vanished from his chair completely. Thankfully it didn't look like the other guy was paying attention and Ven reformed a moment later only to look behind him to see what the big fuss was. His eyes grew huge as he saw Ivy standing in the very bookshop he had been not even an hour ago. He had thought being in the study she frequented was a big score, but this was even more intimate for some reason. Without even realizing what he was doing he was standing up and making his way to the two, needing to get a closer look.

"Dez?" Ivy was startled by the sudden break in her concentration and she fumbled with the book in her hand. It slipped, her grip not firm enough, and went sailing to the ground. She, of course, hurried to snatch it up before it got too damaged and the stack of books in the crook of her arm went tumbling to the ground as well. Ivy cursed and bent down to pick them up, hopefully with Dez's help. "Aw man, I promise I wasn't in here the whole time. I made a note of all the security areas and you wouldn't believe how little they pay attention to some stores..." She trailed on until the books were safe and sound, noticing a dark head behind Dez.

"Are we in the way, sir?" Ivy asked, using what she could to kind of push Dez and herself out of the aisle, not really caring about how close they stood to each other.

"Are you..." Ven's face was bright red as he turned his unusual eyes on Ivy, she frowned with discomfort. "Are you...the author of Not Once, but Twice Bitten?" He thought he heard her mumble something like, 'oh shit', but didn't quite care. "I'm a big fan. I also watch your live streams where you read literature out loud. My user is SteamPunk52?" He didn't want to say that he was her highest paying subscriber, but he hoped she'd recognize his username.

Ivy's face was a deep red and she suddenly became aware of how close she was standing to Dez. The book series that this guy was referring to was one of her more...steamy books and she couldn't believe that it was being brought up right now. This was like a bomb threat all on it's own. She could begin to smell a faint burning scent as she clutched onto the books she had picked out to buy, but couldn't find it in herself to drop them. "You must have me confused with someone else?" She squeaked out and it was clear that she was scrambling for a way out of this.

"You upload every Thursday. I recognize your face." Ven was beginning to get a little more quiet as the disappointment began to settle in. Maybe he should have waited until she was alone, he thought as he tried not to glare at Dez.

Dez helped Ivy pick up the scattered books, cursing as he made it there just too late.
"Just a few too many," he grumbled, stacking this in one hand, while he picked up more with the other. He stood again as Ven followed, surprised that the other had the courage to be so social.
Pausing for a moment, he rested his hand lightly on Ivy's hip, trying to get her attention for just a second to make sure she was okay. She seemed unfazed, so he let it go, instead offering a hand for her books, only to stomp hard with his foot to the left of one of the few remaining, embers blooming on the carpet around them. It wasn't until Ven mentioned uploads that Dez really began to tune into what was being said, his gaze flickering back and forth from the two of them as he picked up books and lightly stamped out any flames he saw begin to form.
"And here I thought you just read all day,' he added, smirking, looking up in surprise as she squeaked. His hand was at her side again, instantly, his body shifting so he was next to her, but angled in front of her as he continued to pick up books. He chuckled.
"Sure is hot in here. Anyone interested in some fresh air?" he asked, making smalltalk, a big cheesy grin on his face.
"I still owe you a book, right? Which one?" he asked, hurriedly, now.

Ivy felt that everything was getting a little too hot as Dez seemed to just keep getting closer and touching her. She wasn't in the habit of seeing real life men in this kind of way and it was making her head swim a bit. Her flames seemed to be under control at least as it looked like Dez was putting out the majority of her fire. If she didn't stop soon this boy was going to realize what she was and then it would be her whole life going down in flames, like it always did. "Agreed." She said, throat seeming a bit dry as she looked at all the books she had gathered and her hand seemed to grab one at random. "Let's pay and get out of here."

Ven looked honestly hurt as she made to move past him and Ivy paused, looking at Dez for a moment. It was clear from her scrunched up nose that she was contemplating something, but it didn't take long before she sighed. "I'm sorry." She muttered, hanging her head a bit but peeking up at Ven. He instantly seemed to perk back up at her attention. "Yeah, I'm...that author." A tiny glare over her shoulder at Dez for any smartass remarks he mgiht make. "And I do read all day." Her tone seemed to say 'why do you think I get upset when you're too loud?', but she didn't sound harsh. "And yeah, i recognize your user."

Ven watched as Ivy's blush only grew, amazingly obvious on her pale complexion, and he rummaged around in his satchel for a moment. Eventually he pulled out his notebook and offered it to her. "Could I get your signature?" Preferably before you die in a mall related bomb incident, he couldn't help himself from thinking bitterly. Maybe he could get her to switch sides. It wasn't a long shot, he could tell from the way she wrote her leading characters that she had a dark streak just like him. As she nervously took the notebook he grabbed her hand and pulled her in closer to him, getting his mouth beside her ear.

His eyes stayed on Dez as he whispered, "And don't worry...I know you're an Acer. So am I." He gave the other guy a small wink before letting her go and taking a polite step back. Ivy seemed a little shaken up from the close contact, but also a little more at ease. He grinned inwardly at how easily she seemed to trust him.

"Can I buy you a cup of coffee?" She asked, taking the smallest of steps towards Dez. "Both of you?" It was now evident that she did have some money on her person.

"Yes." Ven didn't hold back his grin this time.

Dez set the books aside, delaying in stride as he waited for Ivy, trailing back as she addressed Ven once more, admitting to author the story of interest. Watching dumbly, he scraped his sneakers lazily across the carpet to keep himself entertained, holding back his sudden frustration as Ven got closer to her. Looking away, he flushed, eyes flitting to the ceiling as he waited for he two.
Surprised by the offer, he gave her a confused look, eyebrow quirking. After a long pause, he only shrugged.
"I mean… we're still waiting for Roro anyways. Could be fun," he offered, smiling lazily at the two, trying not to let their closer proximity bother him.

Ivy quirked her lips up at the mention of Roro, finding the nickname funny as she always did, as she moved back into the cafe and towards the register inside. She ushered for the boys to go sit down a table as she went to place an order. Ivy placed something for all black coffees, room for cream and sugar, and then went to join them as she waited patiently for her name to be called. "So, what's your power." It was almost unconscious how she moved to sit closer to Dez, feeling comfortable with having him near. While she didn't relish the idea of him hearing about her erotic reading streams, she was also thankful that he was with her.

"Oh boy." Ven blushed a bit as he reached forward and took hold of her hand, making his hand and hers disappear in front of the eyes. He could have used a cup or something, but he felt like this might be the closest he would get to shaking the hand of his favorite author. "So, can we talk about your latest chapter? I can't believe what happened to Gene." He scooted forward til he was literally on the edge of his seat, eyes brimming with adoration.

Ivy ducked her head in shyness, avoiding Dez altogether, and coughed a bit. "Well..." She pulled her hand away from Ven's, feeling awkward meeting an actual fan. An another Acer too. "I'd rather not with...uh..." Ven nodded empathetically and she slumped a bit in relief. "PM me later tonight, maybe? So where do you live? I thought all Acers were with us."

"Us?" Ven asked innocently, shooting a glare at Dez for being here. "What's that mean? Is there some sort of group of Acers?" He kept his voice low, but it didn't stop Ivy from getting more wary.

"Just...message me later?" She said, careful of prying ears. "Dez, would you mind going to look for Roland? He really should be back by now, but you know his sense of direction."

Last edited:
Dez took a sip of his coffee, nodding to Ivy in thanks. Raising the hot liquid to his lips, he blew on it, and took a hesitant sip, only to do a spit take, hot liquid dribbling down his chin as Ivy asked about Ven's power. Reaching hastily for a napkin, his eyes lit up as Ven and Ivy's hands disappeared. Glancing up to look at their new friend, he paused, noticing how he was looking at Ivy, his gaze then falling back down to their intertwined hands, a stab of jealousy moving through him. He drummed his fingers again, trying to take a proper sip of his coffee this time as he watched the two. It wasn't until Ven shot him a glare, that Dez felt really affronted, his chin moving to his hand as he looked away from the group, rolling his eyes when he was no longer in view, the drumming intensifying. Better yet, he started making different beats with his fingers and now his feet joining in, earning an irritated glance from a few others close by.
Looking back at the two, he frowned childishly before standing with his coffee.
"Fine…. I'll find Roro, myself~" he announced, leaving the two alone. He paused to glance back to make sure Ivy was okay, shooting her a text as he proceeded.
'Be back soon.'

Letting out a sigh, he glanced back at his messages with Cal and sighed even deeper, pocketing his phone once more. She still hadn't responded. Annoyed at the possibility of her avoidance being deliberate because of the topic matter, he grumbled to himself, hands tucked tightly into his pockets as he looked around for Roland, only pausing to wave once at the officer from before and offer a slight smile.

~x~

Cal glanced down at the med kit on Dez's bed, popping it open to look for bandages, before closing it again and bringing it to the bathroom. Luckily, no one was home to ask her about it. Making a mental note to clean up the blood in the hall, she pursed her lips tightly. Grabbing the rubbing alcohol, she poked tenderly at the wound on her leg, bite marks wrapping around the meatier portion of her leg. Thankfully, the dog hadn't broken anything when it'd attacked her, but she still didn't want to raise any alarms with Dez. She had scraped her knee, yes, but only as she was falling in response to the dog that had latched itself to her leg. The grimaced, blood and alcohol dripping into the tub. Turning on the tub faucet, she washed it lightly, patting it dry with a darker towel, and then started dabbing at the wound with ointment. It didn't seem to need stitches, but based on the puffy edges of the bite, she knew she wouldn't be running for at least a few days. Sighing, she wrapped it with a bandage and moved to her knee, the surface abrasion much quicker to treat. Cleaning up her mess, she put the med kit back on Dez's bed and changed into another pair of sweats, tossing the ones that'd torn from the bite. Limping, she moved to her room, taking some ice and elevating it. Glancing at her phone, she paused, lips pursing as she read Dez's texts, her mind wandering to her legs, the marks on her inner thighs stinging more than usual. She sighed again, turning the phone off and crawling under the covers, hoping sleep would take her.

Last edited by a moderator: