• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

POSTING GAME Last One To Post Wins Volume 24: Still Winter 2024 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home Alone is actually pretty horrifyign to me too, ahha. I'm not a huge classic fan myself. My husband has been having me watch them and I HATED Forrest Gump for instance.

I'm a hypocrite b/c my dog's name is Frodo, but like I totally can't get through the lord of the rings movies. I tried multiple times growing up but it is so boring I used to fall asleep trying to watch it.

Meh, Forrest Gump is wildly awful to watch in this day and age. Like.. meh.
It's kinda like friends. I never saw it growing up and I don't get the appeal because it's cringey and like...it has a lot of things that just... i can't support and don't like but was okay when it came out.

Oof. I love the LotR movies. Watched them growing up. My sis and I actually used to make a regular practice of marathoning it once a year. My husband and I actually went to New Zealand for our honeymoon!

I've never seen Friends either, but the clips I've seen have convinced me it's not my cup of tea. I think i kind of get the appeal of it, though. Grown adults who still have close friends with whom they have fun shenanigans, barely work, and still have a large apartment. XD I watch a lot of things to daydream about life being simpler and easier, I feel like that fantasy is a comforting appeal on its own.

I tried lol. It was just not my thing.

Yeah, I committed and watched it for a bit til it became clear I was not okay with it. Like there's a lot of "how being feminine is toxic or bad for men", stuff that just didn't sit right with me because I'm more open and like liberal and accepting. I get it was a different time, but the people I have met that still love friends and like the way things were tend to be very judgemental and oftentimes just terrible people overall. I've yet to meet a friends fan who doesn't think the way the show is.

Haha. It's no problem. Everyone has different tastes! Everyone gets mad when I tell them Avatar the Last Airbender was really not my thing, for instance, but it just really wasn't enjoyable for me (and I have large problems with its characters and minor ones with its worldbuilding), and that's ultimately just going to be a difference of opinion. Perfectly valid.

I actually don't know anyone who actually likes Friends, so I was mostly postulating, but that's concerning to hear.

Yeah, no I get that. I watched that for the sake of like idk understanding the hype, but man, it's not for me. I always end up eventually watching something super hyped up.

But yeah, I've had weird experiences with people who like friends. it's very odd how a tv show you like can sometimes tell me all I ever need to know about you as a person. xD

Also yes, The Groundhog Day musical is an adaptation of the movie of the same now. The reason it's better is two fold for me. Bisexual Phil Connors and 2) they did a better job with his arc in showing his descent and following. Are there are also still horrifying parts? Well…

The song for his death attempts is called "Hope"

So if you watched Friends back in the day it was fun and entertaining and if you loved it then you're probably still going to enjoy it now for the nostalgia of it. But that show DID NOT AGE WELL AT ALL.

Like, some sitcoms age BEAUTIFULLY: like The Golden Girls. The jokes still hit, the messages are good, even with "times were different", the show was well written and the content holds up.

Friends... does not. Like oof. It's kinda cringey but not always in a good way. T_T just the ross and rachel bullshit alone it's uuughhhhh.

So if you watched Friends back in the day it was fun and entertaining and if you loved it then you're probably still going to enjoy it now for the nostalgia of it. But that show DID NOT AGE WELL AT ALL.

Like, some sitcoms age BEAUTIFULLY: like The Golden Girls. The jokes still hit, the messages are good, even with "times were different", the show was well written and the content holds up.

Friends... does not. Like oof. It's kinda cringey but not always in a good way. T_T just the ross and rachel bullshit alone it's uuughhhhh.
This is basically how I see it. It did not age well and it's cringey and I feel like we're better than that these days. We're more accepting and like... so much better than the way their world was shown.

But all the friends "fans" I find are actually like that awful in reality too. I guess it shaped who they are in all the wrong ways? Or those people are just trash and using shows and whatnot to "excuse" their bad attitudes and stuff.

Last edited:
Whelp, guess I'll keep FRIENDS themed group roleplay in the archives then 🤣🥰

Whelp, guess I'll keep FRIENDS themed group roleplay in the archives then 🤣🥰
FRIENDS as a series may be bad but the concept is nice? You could make it a fanfixtion of sorts, fixing the actual series into something better!

Revamping anything is always good, especially if it's dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back