Map and Compass [Original Fantasy Adventure RP]

I'll put one more post for Kalen and after that I'll wait for the others and your GM post @Sketching101 before I make another one for Kalen

Done with Kalen's post. If any of you think that the scene is ridiculous and doesn't make sense, please mention them to me. I did my best in making Kalen struggle with the creature and experience drawbacks from using his magic. I could've made it much difficult but I didn't want him maimed...

I'll wait for the GM post and the others before I post again, thus Kalen is knocked out until then.

Done with Kalen's post. If any of you think that the scene is ridiculous and doesn't make sense, please mention them to me. I did my best in making Kalen struggle with the creature and experience drawbacks from using his magic. I could've made it much difficult but I didn't want him maimed...

I'll wait for the GM post and the others before I post again, thus Kalen is knocked out until then.
The post is fine, but I would prefer it if you asked me if you want to take control of major characters/creatures for such an extended period of time. Particularly with the most dangerous creatures like the Serpent, because I have particular movesets in mind that I want us to overcome as a group. You will have chances to have your character have satisfying fights, but this just can't be one of them at this time. You don't have to take it down or edit it, but this is just for future reference. If you want to do a fight like this and want to write the creature's reactions yourself, I want you to PM me so I can give limitations and details for the fight to be coherent with the reality of the situation.

Again, the post is fine this time, but in the future shoot me a PM if you have something of this sort in mind.

Reactions: yasei no shika
Okay! Though I can always edit it, seeing as there hasb't been a new post after mine yet. I'll do that next time. That's a big no-no; forgetting the serpent wasn't an npc that's free for use. I'm real sorry about doing that.

• Thank You
Reactions: Sketching101
Hey, sorry I haven't been around much. I've run into some personal troubles and may need to go on a bit of a hiatus. I would very much like to come back to this, but current circumstances are preventing me from putting as much love and energy into this as I want. Seeing as there's been a shipwreck, it might be simple enough to just say Rymond got lost in the waves, presumed missing or dead until such time that I come back, if such a thing were to occur.

Again, I apologize profusely for dropping out like this, especially before things started to pick up.

• Love
Hey, sorry I haven't been around much. I've run into some personal troubles and may need to go on a bit of a hiatus. I would very much like to come back to this, but current circumstances are preventing me from putting as much love and energy into this as I want. Seeing as there's been a shipwreck, it might be simple enough to just say Rymond got lost in the waves, presumed missing or dead until such time that I come back, if such a thing were to occur.

Again, I apologize profusely for dropping out like this, especially before things started to pick up.
I have a way to keep Rymond MIA and alive. I hope things get better for you, and hopefully, we'll see you with us later. Good luck!

@vide @Snowflake @crono
When do you guys think you'll be able to get something up? Just wanted to ask, there's no rush ^^

Soon-ish, probably... :P

On another note, what happened with @SolarFlare 's character?
It should be ready. We went over it in PMs and finalized everything but I don't think he posted it.

((Sorry for the long wait! I had about three tests and a project due that week and I was seriously stressing out, so by the time spring break rolled around I just kinda stopped existing for a while. Hope I didn't cause any problems as a result.))

YUVK3ki.jpg

"That reminds me of a funny story..."
Name :
Meredith Cwenburh​
Species :
Elf Daemon​
Physique :
Most of Cwenburh's markings are on her back, spreading out in thin tendrils at the arms. She is built well for an elf, flexible yet strong. Her hair is almost pure white, cut shorter for combat.​
Backstory :
Meredith Cwenburh never intended to become a hunter. Her ambition from a young age had always been to record the world's history for the future generations to learn from and prosper as a result of. This perspective changed when she realized that a chronicler would be of no use in a world that has torn itself apart and set itself aflame. Fortunately her parents were not around the capitol when it was sacked, escaping the horrors of war and living a relatively normal life at the settlement of the second pillar. They had a collection of texts that had become the last of their kind in the wake of the destruction, so it was only natural for them to found an archive for the future generations. They slowly built up a fine collection from all sources they could find, providing plenty of materials for education. Cwenburh was happy with this life she had made for herself.

Yet... the more she learned about the old world, the harder it became to ignore the dire situation the world was in. She was never one to take a back seat and let things happen naturally, so it was only natural for her to want to take an active role by becoming a huntress. Combat did not come easily to her, she usually tried to solve conflict with words, but with concerted effort and dedication she honed her body into a more useful form. When it came time for her first hunt, she was sent out with a group of three at midnight to face off against the Lantern moth. The beast drifted by them silently, luring one in with its glow. The hunter didn't even have a chance to scream before his heart was pierced. With the first blood, the light was suddenly snuffed out. Cwenburh could hear the clash of steel on steel in the distance as the other hunter fought with the beast, she was fearful. She lasted longer than the other hunter but her death was assured. Soon enough she was alone with the moth, left in complete darkness. She moved silently, dancing around the beast by picking up upon the barely perceivable flap of its wings and the click of its joints.

She parried several blows, catching glimpse of the monster from the sparks coming off of her weapon. The fight only lasted a few minutes, but they stretched out like hours. In the end she managed to bury her weapon in its carapace, avenging her fellow huntresses and setting herself on the hunter's path. Following Cwen's successful hunt, she returned to the second pillar. Although she couldn't spend as much time as she once did in the great library that her family had founded, she still made time to make additions based on the experience she acquired during new and greater hunting expeditions. She soon signed on to the ship heading out to the fifth pillar to help defend her kinsmen.​
Skills and Talents :
She is an analytical fighter, taking care to note all weaknesses in an enemy and exploit them to the greatest possible extent. She is an effective strategist in this way, as she takes the strengths of her companions into consideration when coming up with ways to make an effective counter attack. She searches for creative solutions to problems and has a tongue as sharp as her sword. She also has a bit of a knack for alchemy, especially in regards to mixing poisons.​
Special Traits :
Her Sopia gives her the gift of flight, which grants her a greater sense of control over fights with enhanced mobility. The glow of her antennae also have a slight hypnotic effect when used, making it difficult for an enemy to focus.​
Sopia Slots :
Essence: Lantern moth: The lantern moth is somewhat of an oddity in the realm of beasts, as they are almost completely docile in the daylight unless provoked. As its name suggests, its antennae light up like lanterns in the darkness. The soft glow lures unsuspecting creatures in, allowing this silent creature to strike it down in one blow with it's piercing proboscis and drain the life from its body.
Element: Lantern moth: Wind
Corpora: Lantern moth: The antennae and eyes of the moth are well suited to hunting during nighttime, allowing for greater spatial and visual awareness.​
Sopia List :

1:Lantern moth
2:empty
3:empty​
Spells :

Spell Name :

Innate Polymorphy​
Spell Nature :
Polymorph Magic​
Description of Spell :
Innate Polymorphs are able to change their body to consume Creatures' Sopia, forming a larger, fanged mouth on the body. However, using it can leave the caster open to attacks.​
Requirements for Casting :
This is a spell that requires no drawing of formula, and can be used upon will.​
Spell Name :
Air-slash​
Spell Nature :
Wind magic​
Description of Spell :
Air slash is a pressurized and difficult to detect aberration in the air that cuts through stone and metal at close to mid-range. The damage falls off to negligible levels once 9 to 10 meters away from the caster.​
Requires minimal concentration to perform, and the use of a specific combination of hand signs.​
Spell Name :
Peaceful song​
Spell Nature :
Unholy magic​
Description of Spell :
A pleasant tune rings through the air, causing creatures in a cone in front of her to feel a large burden and decreased mobility.​
The song must be whistled correctly, and the whistler will also suffer a slight burden as a result of the song.​
Spell Name :
Great Gale​
Spell Nature :
Wind magic​
Description of Spell :
A large gust of wind fills Cwenburh's wings and gives her a burst of speed to close the distance between her and an opponent quickly. Also has the capacity to do the opposite, by pushing the enemy away in order to gain distance.​
Requires moderate concentration and a series of hand signs.​
Spell Name :
Sunder​
Spell Nature :
Unholy magic​
Description of Spell :
Releases an orb of destructive energy that explodes on contact with flesh, doing good damage at close distances.​
Takes considerable energy and the use of both hands for signing​

Spell Name :
Sprout wings
Spell Nature :
Polymorphy
Description of Spell :
The Lantern Moth's sopia allows a polymorph to take on the physiology of the creature for a certain period of time. When this spell is used, the user grows moth wings and antennae that they can use to fly for limited lengths at their leisure and use other spells that rely on wings or antennae.
This spell doesn't use much energy to maintain, though they have difficulty flying in rain.​

Gear :
Lantern cloak: A warm cloak made from the hide of the Lantern moth, it is covered in white, downy fur.
Scale-mail armor: Light armor that helps provide good protection against piercing and slashing attacks without sacrificing too much speed. It is delicately weaved together from the scaly wings of the Lantern moth, speckled grey and white.
Buckler: A small leather shield reinforced with metal, best suited for diverting attacks.
Belt of vials: Contains various poisons, including neurotoxins, paralytic agents, nightshade, and other deadly varieties.​
Weapons :
Hollow point: A rapier fashioned from the Lantern Moth's killer proboscis, it's hollow tip can store poisons to be injected into an enemy for a fast kill.
Grimoire: Cwenburh's spell-book, containing pre-drawn circles that start each of her spells. She also takes notes and research in the blank portions of the book.​
Other :
She has a bad habit of making everything into a story, and using vague metaphors that are more confusing than elucidating.​

((Sorry for the long wait! I had about three tests and a project due that week and I was seriously stressing out, so by the time spring break rolled around I just kinda stopped existing for a while. Hope I didn't cause any problems as a result.))

YUVK3ki.jpg

"That reminds me of a funny story..."
Name :
Meredith Cwenburh​
Species :
Elf Daemon​
Physique :
Most of Cwenburh's markings are on her back, spreading out in thin tendrils at the arms. She is built well for an elf, flexible yet strong. Her hair is almost pure white, cut shorter for combat.​
Backstory :
Meredith Cwenburh never intended to become a hunter. Her ambition from a young age had always been to record the world's history for the future generations to learn from and prosper as a result of. This perspective changed when she realized that a chronicler would be of no use in a world that has torn itself apart and set itself aflame. Fortunately her parents were not around the capitol when it was sacked, escaping the horrors of war and living a relatively normal life at the settlement of the second pillar. They had a collection of texts that had become the last of their kind in the wake of the destruction, so it was only natural for them to found an archive for the future generations. They slowly built up a fine collection from all sources they could find, providing plenty of materials for education. Cwenburh was happy with this life she had made for herself.

Yet... the more she learned about the old world, the harder it became to ignore the dire situation the world was in. She was never one to take a back seat and let things happen naturally, so it was only natural for her to want to take an active role by becoming a huntress. Combat did not come easily to her, she usually tried to solve conflict with words, but with concerted effort and dedication she honed her body into a more useful form. When it came time for her first hunt, she was sent out with a group of three at midnight to face off against the Lantern moth. The beast drifted by them silently, luring one in with its glow. The hunter didn't even have a chance to scream before his heart was pierced. With the first blood, the light was suddenly snuffed out. Cwenburh could hear the clash of steel on steel in the distance as the other hunter fought with the beast, she was fearful. She lasted longer than the other hunter but her death was assured. Soon enough she was alone with the moth, left in complete darkness. She moved silently, dancing around the beast by picking up upon the barely perceivable flap of its wings and the click of its joints.

She parried several blows, catching glimpse of the monster from the sparks coming off of her weapon. The fight only lasted a few minutes, but they stretched out like hours. In the end she managed to bury her weapon in its carapace, avenging her fellow huntresses and setting herself on the hunter's path. Following Cwen's successful hunt, she returned to the second pillar. Although she couldn't spend as much time as she once did in the great library that her family had founded, she still made time to make additions based on the experience she acquired during new and greater hunting expeditions. She soon signed on to the ship heading out to the fifth pillar to help defend her kinsmen.​
Skills and Talents :
She is an analytical fighter, taking care to note all weaknesses in an enemy and exploit them to the greatest possible extent. She is an effective strategist in this way, as she takes the strengths of her companions into consideration when coming up with ways to make an effective counter attack. She searches for creative solutions to problems and has a tongue as sharp as her sword. She also has a bit of a knack for alchemy, especially in regards to mixing poisons.​
Special Traits :
Her Sopia gives her the gift of flight, which grants her a greater sense of control over fights with enhanced mobility. The glow of her antennae also have a slight hypnotic effect when used, making it difficult for an enemy to focus.​
Sopia Slots :
Essence: Lantern moth: The lantern moth is somewhat of an oddity in the realm of beasts, as they are almost completely docile in the daylight unless provoked. As its name suggests, its antennae light up like lanterns in the darkness. The soft glow lures unsuspecting creatures in, allowing this silent creature to strike it down in one blow with it's piercing proboscis and drain the life from its body.
Element: Lantern moth: Wind
Corpora: Lantern moth: The antennae and eyes of the moth are well suited to hunting during nighttime, allowing for greater spatial and visual awareness.​
Sopia List :

1:Lantern moth
2:empty
3:empty​
Spells :

Spell Name :

Innate Polymorphy​
Spell Nature :
Polymorph Magic​
Description of Spell :
Innate Polymorphs are able to change their body to consume Creatures' Sopia, forming a larger, fanged mouth on the body. However, using it can leave the caster open to attacks.​
This is a spell that requires no drawing of formula, and can be used upon will.​
Spell Name :
Air-slash​
Spell Nature :
Wind magic​
Description of Spell :
Air slash is a pressurized and difficult to detect aberration in the air that cuts through stone and metal at close to mid-range. The damage falls off to negligible levels once 9 to 10 meters away from the caster.​
Requires minimal concentration to perform, and the use of a specific combination of hand signs.​
Spell Name :
Peaceful song​
Spell Nature :
Unholy magic​
Description of Spell :
A pleasant tune rings through the air, causing creatures in a cone in front of her to feel a large burden and decreased mobility.​
The song must be whistled correctly, and the whistler will also suffer a slight burden as a result of the song.​
Spell Name :
Great Gale​
Spell Nature :
Wind magic​
Description of Spell :
A large gust of wind fills Cwenburh's wings and gives her a burst of speed to close the distance between her and an opponent quickly. Also has the capacity to do the opposite, by pushing the enemy away in order to gain distance.​
Requires moderate concentration and a series of hand signs.​
Spell Name :
Sunder​
Spell Nature :
Unholy magic​
Description of Spell :
Releases an orb of destructive energy that explodes on contact with flesh, doing good damage at close distances.​
Takes considerable energy and the use of both hands for signing​

Spell Name :
Sprout wings
Spell Nature :
Polymorphy
Description of Spell :
The Lantern Moth's sopia allows a polymorph to take on the physiology of the creature for a certain period of time. When this spell is used, the user grows moth wings and antennae that they can use to fly for limited lengths at their leisure and use other spells that rely on wings or antennae.
This spell doesn't use much energy to maintain, though they have difficulty flying in rain.​

Gear :
Lantern cloak: A warm cloak made from the hide of the Lantern moth, it is covered in white, downy fur.
Scale-mail armor: Light armor that helps provide good protection against piercing and slashing attacks without sacrificing too much speed. It is delicately weaved together from the scaly wings of the Lantern moth, speckled grey and white.
Buckler: A small leather shield reinforced with metal, best suited for diverting attacks.
Belt of vials: Contains various poisons, including neurotoxins, paralytic agents, nightshade, and other deadly varieties.​
Weapons :
Hollow point: A rapier fashioned from the Lantern Moth's killer proboscis, it's hollow tip can store poisons to be injected into an enemy for a fast kill.
Grimoire: Cwenburh's spell-book, containing pre-drawn circles that start each of her spells. She also takes notes and research in the blank portions of the book.​
Other :
She has a bad habit of making everything into a story, and using vague metaphors that are more confusing than elucidating.​
Looks good! You can post her in the Character Index and I'll add her to the roster. I'll PM you about where she can get started soon ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: SolarFlare
@Crono Are you going to be able to post soon? It's fine if you're busy, just wanted to ask to see if I could move the group along after vide's post so that SolarFlare's character can join.

Kalen is unconscious now so I'll wait after two posts from the others, so after at least five posts. Or... until Len is waken up/recovers. :)

What if Sena picks up Kalen and starts slapping him around until he wakes up? >:D
It could work but it'll take more than that to wake him haha. He needs healing and recovering his magic, so it'll take a gentler approach. However, he'll feel her slaps when he wakes up.

Reactions: Snowflake
It could work but it'll take more than that to wake him haha. He needs healing and recovering his magic, so it'll take a gentler approach. However, he'll feel her slaps when he wakes up.
I mean, he already got some heals from Ark D: Is he not good enough for Kalen? T^T

• Haha
Reactions: yasei no shika