Monsters and Monster Hunters OOC and Sign Up!

L

LemonLime

Original poster
Monsters were once human. They were once completely normal people. Now. . . they are something much different. At some point during their lives, they underwent a transformation. There are many different ways a transformation can happen, such as an accident, experimentation, a project gone awry, a ritual of some sort, whatever you can think of, I'm really excited to see people's creativity.
When Monsters were discovered, people were terrified. They had no idea what to make of these creatures. They assumed Monsters were dangerous. Indeed, some were. Some, but not all.
As a result, a new job opened up. Monster Hunters. At first, Monster Hunters were only meant to neutralize Monsters that were threats. The definition of threat soon started to bend as the station became more and more corrupt. Now, all Monsters live in fear of Hunters, whether or not they've done anything wrong.

Characters-
Your character can be Monsters, Monster Hunters, or just a plain old humans. Some notes on each character type.
Monsters- how monstrous your monster looks is entirely up to you. Maybe they're human-passing most of the time, or maybe they're so terrifying they don't even want to look at themselves. Be creative with it! Another thing to think about is how being shunned from society has affected them. Are they bitter, scared, sad, what? How have they been affected by this different treatment?
Monster Hunters- just because their station is corrupt doesn't mean your character has to be. They can believe they are in the right, they can believe what they're doing is necessary. Or they can be corrupt, giving the station a dark reputation in the eyes of Monsters. This is a story about your character and how they grow. Maybe they'll see not all Monsters are evil, or on the flip side, grow more and more extreme in their hatred.
Plain Old Human- As in real life, there are all kinds of people, with all kinds of opinions. Do they like Monsters and think they deserve better? Do they go so far as to harbor them like fugatives? Are they just scared, not understanding? Are they hateful and cruel, contributing to the way society treats monsters? Up to you! Plain old people are welcome to become Monster Hunters, and Monster Hunters are welcome to quit being Monster Hunters and become Plain old people.
For Monsters and Plain Old People, your character can be any age that you want. For Monster Hunters, the minimum age is sixteen.

Character Sheet-
Name:
Sexuality(optional):
Monster/Monster Hunter/Regular Person (choose one):
Physical Description or Picture:
How they feel about Monsters(yes this question applies to monsters as well):
Skills/Powers (for monsters, these can be semi-supernatural abilities, for everyone else, just normal skills please):
Weakness(es)(Mainly for Monsters, to ensure they don't get too overpowered and become undefeatable):
Personality:
Interests:
Mannerisms/Quirks:
History (for Monsters, include transformation):
Extra (optional):

Once your character has been accepted (either directly or by means of a rating), please put them on the Character Index.

Rules-
1- Please keep it as PG-13 as possible! Romantic relationships and scenes are allowed just. . . try to be fairly chill with it. Swearing is fine.
2- Try to post at least two or three times a week (more if you can, but I understand a lot of people are busy). At least one decent sized paragraph per post more is welcome.
3- be considerate of your fellow writers, and ask them before doing certain things, such as killing their character, etc. I've had one too many roleplays ruined by trigger-happy trolls.
4- Have fun with it and be creative!

With that, I leave you to it! Once I've accepted a few characters we can begin the roleplay proper!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oohh I had an idea for a hunter so I'll be playing 2 characters now. Does this make me a double agent?
I don't think so, seeing as my Hunter is kind of my own villain (and my other monster is a murderer)

I might make a Hunter now too XD if I can formulate an idea, that is.

Yay, I love reading your characters, and I can't wait to see them in action! I'll have my own characters and a proper roleplay section up soon, I've just been a little busy.

• Love
Reactions: TyranntX and noodle
Balalaika.jpg

Name: Bethany Koles

Sexuality(optional): Lesbian

Monster/Monster Hunter/Regular Person (choose one): Monster Hunter

Physical Description or Picture: She stands 6' 0" and weighs 150Lb. Has a very Voluptuous body.

How they feel about Monsters(yes this question applies to monsters as well):

Bethany sees monsters as nothing less than animals, and a means to make money off of them by any means possible.

Skills/Powers (for monsters, these can be semi-supernatural abilities, for everyone else, just normal skills please):

Proficient in a wide variety of Fire Arms and knives.
Military Grade combat training
A Master Survivalist
An Expert Tracker
Fearless (She claims to have stared down the throat of a dragon)

Personality: Bethany is typically smug, and seldom ever loses her cool. As a strong and well respected hunter she never shows weakness to anyone or anything. However, should Business start heading south (or if something damages her hair) she does start getting agitated. She puts Business before people, but family before business.

Interests: Hunting, capturing, and selling monsters. Forcing monsters to fight each other, preferably to the death or severe injury. Making lots of money. Money in general.

Mannerisms/Quirks: She hates Perverted men, but is turned on by perverted women.

Before monsters were even considered a problem, the Koles family ruled the country in the shadows and were the leading business owners in many illegal practices... Such as drug and weapons dealing, and prostitution. No matter how close the law seemed to get to capturing this criminal group, the Kole family always managed to get away with the money AND a good chunk of merchandise. Things only got EASIER for the family once monsters started to appear throughout the world, in fact thanks to the daughter of the head of the house hold, money would be rolling in to their pockets much quicker. The name of this woman is... Bethany.

Growing up the child of a crime boss gave Bethany a lot of perks, such as her own team of body guards, her own car (when she was only 13), and even leading a number of operations on her own (when she was 15). With the threat of monsters now terrorizing the world, Bethany though of a number of ways to not only make money for her family but possibly make law enforcement look the other way from their future endeavors. 'Let's offer services, to hunt down monsters!', and hunt them they did! for years now the Koles family has made a pretty penny from a number of monster related practices. From hunting them down, to selling them like slaves, even forcing them to fight one another like animals has made them thousands to even millions of dollars!

Bethany Now continues to hunt for monsters when ever she is not running operations or managing other parts of the business, though she does have a goal set for her self. To hunt down the most powerful monster on the planet, and keep it as an exotic pet for her personal collection.

Extra (optional):

-The Koles family are the leading business owner of both monster slave trading, and monster fights.

-Bethany Koles Typically sells the weaker and less impressive monsters in slave auctions, while using the stronger more rare (and exotic) ones for monster fights.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcy and noodle
Yoooooooooooooooooo this character is incredibly interesting, I'm honestly really excited to see her, she seems like she'll be a worthy but terrifying adversary.

Reactions: TyranntX
Yoooooooooooooooooo this character is incredibly interesting, I'm honestly really excited to see her, she seems like she'll be a worthy but terrifying adversary.

You want to see Terrifying? Wait until you see my second monster (Who for now I'll Dub, Anti-Sun Flare)

Haha, we love conflict, do we? I meant terrifying because holy shit she literally human trafficks. Like god damn girl chill out please. Just kidding, I enjoy the craziness I've seen so far.

Bethany claims to have stared down the throat of a dragon, huh....? *an idea forms*

I really want to make a dragon shifter character now, who either escaped from her clutches or has been eluding her for years.

Also! If anyone wants to make characters that are a part of Phoenix, go for it!! Hazel needs companions XD

Last edited:
  • Haha
What if your dragon shifter was actually the dragon Bethany talks about? Just a thought I had
That's was what I was implying XD

• Haha
Speaking of "Anti Sun-Flare"

Name: RPT- 2345509, Code Name: Death Spike. Formally known as Kevin Smith

He's 25

Sexuality(optional): Straight (but who in the right mind would want to f*ck THIS THING?)

Monster/Monster Hunter/Regular Person (choose one): Genetic Experiment (Monster)

Physical Description or Picture:

His monster form is a Gen 2 Raptoid. Like the gen 1's (Sun Flare is Gen 1), they are a humanoid raptor. Unlike gen 1's however they lack the scythe-like talons on their feet. Death spike is also multiple shades of green instead of having fiery warm colors. In addition he is also armed with long, barbed, poisonous quills covering the top of his head and back of his head, the back of his neck, the entirety of his back, and all the way down his tail. He has blood red eyes, stands 6'7" and weighs 300 Lbs.

Although he rarely uses it, Death spike Does have have a human form. It is lean and lanky in build, stands 6'3", and weighs 220Lbs. He has raven colored hair and red eyes.

How they feel about Monsters(yes this question applies to monsters as well): Ever since he became a monster, he sees OTHER monsters along with every other living thing... as food.

(as a monster)
Incredible physical strength (up to 80 tons)
Highly Durable
Speeds of up to 120 MPH
Poisonous quills (which he can use as projectiles), claws, and talons
A Poison gas breath
Venomous bite
Perfect Camouflage (almost like invisibility)

(as a both)
slightly heightened Intelligence
heightened senses
poison immunity

Weaknesses:

Fire:
His poisonous gas is HIGHLY flammable, and he can be set on fire in mid attack

Non-Bullet-Proof-Skin:
His quills are nigh indestructible, however... JUST his quills (his skin isn't bullet proof)

Sound:
Shares the same "Raptoid weaknesses" as Sun Flare

Although Death spike has thousands of quills, only 200 of them can be used as a projectile. it takes 3 days for quills to regrow. 1 week for projectile quills

Quills are not inexhaustible:
Personality: Spike... Is insane. He behaves more like a savage, bloodthirsty,starving predator than he does a human.

Interests: Eating and killing

Mannerisms/Quirks: Just like Sun Flare, Death Spike's genetic structure is composed of both human and a variety of animals and monsters. So he too is sometimes torn between humanity and animal instinct. However, unlike Flare... Spike leans more towards his predatory nature, he doesn't hesitate to kill even those that would try to help him.

The stench of death looms over him at all times.

Unlike Sun Flare, the Second Generation of Raptoids were not made from the ground up. Gen 1 Raptoids took too much time to grow, and breeding was going to be out of the question now that Sun Flare is roaming free with his siblings completely destroyed. The Raptoid Project had to continue, but Scientist Lauren Keys did not have the time create new gen 1's from scratch. She had no choice but to turn to her college 'Alvin Millers', for ideas for their next move. Although it seemed inhumane, they Alvin suggested they take ordinary humans, and test a new experiment to create the next generation from. At first it seemed dirty, but desperate times demanded desperate measures. So Alvin called in a favor he had been saving for years, for a situation like this...

Enter, Kevin Smith. A criminal who was arrested years ago for the murder of his own family and a large number of other people. But don't think for a second that any one in said family was innocent, as they were all almost as crazy as he is! Back when he was 17, his kid sister (14) tried to kill their father... Which she only did because he tried to kill their mother, which HE only did because she tried to kill Kevin... Which SHE only did because HE killed both her grandmother and their dog down AT THE SAME TIME, by throwing them out a window. This conflict ended with Kevin ultimately killing everyone in his neighborhood (who were ALSO a bit crazy), before being arrested by police. He was given a life sentence, until one day (after being locked up for several years)... Some men in suits said they could help him with his "problems", if they went with him.

This is when Kevin was experimented on, and he became the first second generation Raptoid. Rather than being a monster from the start like the generation before him. his creation took muck more... painful measures, to complete. Kevin was literally ripped apart and smashed back together several times over using all the genetic material that was intended to be used. Doing this on a normal human being would wreck their psyche, so this was far more traumatic for Kevin (who was already a nut case). However, oddly enough, He seemed to obey commands to an extent. With Kevin now a whole new breed of life form, he needed a new name. after testing his new abilities, Alvin gave him the nickname "Death Spike". With all lab tests completed, it was time to try how he preformed in the field. Thus Alvin and Lauren gave him one task, "Hunt Down and return the Raptoid 'Sun Flare', and kill anything that gets in your way."

No longer human, Death Spike can now kill anyone or anything he wants without the law interfering, and kill them if they even tried. Not even the hunters seemed to want to go any where NEAR this horrid abomination. Now where was this Raptoid named Sun Flare?

Extra (optional):

His creators just said to Bring Sun Flare back to them... They never said to bring him back alive...

There several stages of effects when it comes to the poison and venom of Death Spike.

Stage 1: reduction of motor skills, minor nausea, vision reduction

The Early stages of the poison are meant to weaken and disorient the victim, this usually sets in between 45 seconds to 1 minute of being introduced to the body.

Stage 2: Greater loss of motor skill, vomiting, hallucinations.

As the toxin continues to spread through the body, so dose it's hold on it. The visual sensors of the brain are affected first, leading to hallucinations and in some rare occasions paranoia. Digestive system is also effected in this stage, making it more difficult to possess sustenance needed to survive. The victim may also regurgitate during this stage. Victims usually enter this stage within 3 - 5 minutes of being infected.

Stage 3: Paralysis, Seizures, Blindness

The victim is no longer able to move their body on their own at this stage, and their vision goes dark. The body also violently shakes from time to time. On Rare occasions, the victim may also lose control of their bowels and/or bladder. This stage sets in withing 15 - 20 minutes after being infected. and can last up to 3 - 5 days before the final stage sets in. Death Spike usually kills his prey long before they reach this stage.

Stage 4: Death

The victim suffers total organ failure, and suffers from the inside out. This typically happens after 3 - 5 days after being infected. Needless to say, once some one has reached this stage, it's too late to save them.

Last edited:
Bethany claims to have stared down the throat of a dragon, huh....? *an idea forms*

I really want to make a dragon shifter character now, who either escaped from her clutches or has been eluding her for years.

Also! If anyone wants to make characters that are a part of Phoenix, go for it!! Hazel needs companions XD

For the record, Sun Flare MIGHT join... HE just needs a valid reason to. as for Death spike... Yeah not happening

For the record, Sun Flare MIGHT join... HE just needs a valid reason to. as for Death spike... Yeah not happening
Lmao sounds good. And that makes sense XD

Also, about the shifter...is that something you'd be interested in? I won't make it if it's not a story arc you're into.

Lmao sounds good. And that makes sense XD

Also, about the shifter...is that something you'd be interested in? I won't make it if it's not a story arc you're into.

I wouldn't mind it, though I think her eyes would most likely see the raptoids as the real prize...

Another horrifying thought... Bethany using Death Spike as a hunting dog

[EDIT] Sorry, meant to say that I WOULDN'T mind it... this keyboard can be a bit unresponsive at times

Last edited:
Reactions: noodle
I wouldn't mind it, though I think her eyes would most likely see the raptoids as the real prize...

Another horrifying thought... Bethany using Death Spike as a hunting dog

[EDIT] Sorry, meant to say that I WOULDN'T mind it... this keyboard can be a bit unresponsive at times
True, but one can have multiple prizes. And besides, what fun is it to only play with your own characters? :P

True, but one can have multiple prizes. And besides, what fun is it to only play with your own characters? :P

Oh Believe me, DS is going to love hunting Hazel... And so will Bethany

I like the winged girl! Don't kill her in too much of a hurry!

Don't worry, Spike's a predator... He prefers to torture tournament toy with his prey before he eats it XD.

Aaaand Bethany might just sell her to a brothel or something (unless she's classified as a rare monster)

Speaking of our cast....We have...

A fire breathing dinosaur, a rebel harpy, a spiky murder lizard, and monster dealing bitch... Kinda wonder what else we will see now

• Love