Monsters and Monster Hunters OOC and Sign Up!

L

LemonLime

Original poster
Monsters were once human. They were once completely normal people. Now. . . they are something much different. At some point during their lives, they underwent a transformation. There are many different ways a transformation can happen, such as an accident, experimentation, a project gone awry, a ritual of some sort, whatever you can think of, I'm really excited to see people's creativity.
When Monsters were discovered, people were terrified. They had no idea what to make of these creatures. They assumed Monsters were dangerous. Indeed, some were. Some, but not all.
As a result, a new job opened up. Monster Hunters. At first, Monster Hunters were only meant to neutralize Monsters that were threats. The definition of threat soon started to bend as the station became more and more corrupt. Now, all Monsters live in fear of Hunters, whether or not they've done anything wrong.

Characters-
Your character can be Monsters, Monster Hunters, or just a plain old humans. Some notes on each character type.
Monsters- how monstrous your monster looks is entirely up to you. Maybe they're human-passing most of the time, or maybe they're so terrifying they don't even want to look at themselves. Be creative with it! Another thing to think about is how being shunned from society has affected them. Are they bitter, scared, sad, what? How have they been affected by this different treatment?
Monster Hunters- just because their station is corrupt doesn't mean your character has to be. They can believe they are in the right, they can believe what they're doing is necessary. Or they can be corrupt, giving the station a dark reputation in the eyes of Monsters. This is a story about your character and how they grow. Maybe they'll see not all Monsters are evil, or on the flip side, grow more and more extreme in their hatred.
Plain Old Human- As in real life, there are all kinds of people, with all kinds of opinions. Do they like Monsters and think they deserve better? Do they go so far as to harbor them like fugatives? Are they just scared, not understanding? Are they hateful and cruel, contributing to the way society treats monsters? Up to you! Plain old people are welcome to become Monster Hunters, and Monster Hunters are welcome to quit being Monster Hunters and become Plain old people.
For Monsters and Plain Old People, your character can be any age that you want. For Monster Hunters, the minimum age is sixteen.

Character Sheet-
Name:
Sexuality(optional):
Monster/Monster Hunter/Regular Person (choose one):
Physical Description or Picture:
How they feel about Monsters(yes this question applies to monsters as well):
Skills/Powers (for monsters, these can be semi-supernatural abilities, for everyone else, just normal skills please):
Weakness(es)(Mainly for Monsters, to ensure they don't get too overpowered and become undefeatable):
Personality:
Interests:
Mannerisms/Quirks:
History (for Monsters, include transformation):
Extra (optional):

Once your character has been accepted (either directly or by means of a rating), please put them on the Character Index.

Rules-
1- Please keep it as PG-13 as possible! Romantic relationships and scenes are allowed just. . . try to be fairly chill with it. Swearing is fine.
2- Try to post at least two or three times a week (more if you can, but I understand a lot of people are busy). At least one decent sized paragraph per post more is welcome.
3- be considerate of your fellow writers, and ask them before doing certain things, such as killing their character, etc. I've had one too many roleplays ruined by trigger-happy trolls.
4- Have fun with it and be creative!

With that, I leave you to it! Once I've accepted a few characters we can begin the roleplay proper!

Last edited by a moderator:
How about don't kill my bby >:( ....torture is ok though, gotta break em every once in a while.

Also, "rebel harpy" is the best description yet XD

• Haha
Reactions: TyranntX
I like the concept, but I'm afraid of joining because I've never played monster hunter.

I was contemplating whether or not my guy would join Phoenix. He's more oriented towards survival instead of combat though, plus with him originally being human I dunno if he'd join anyway. Maybe.

• Love
Reactions: TyranntX and noodle
I was contemplating whether or not my guy would join Phoenix. He's more oriented towards survival instead of combat though, plus with him originally being human I dunno if he'd join anyway. Maybe.

Hazel Was human at first too, and so was Death Spike

I swear I didn't completely forget about that.

Just remember that Sun Flare is the only one made not born and you won't forget anything

I like the concept, but I'm afraid of joining because I've never played monster hunter.
Like @Takashi said, this concept is original, and though it may bare resemblance to some things already in existence (which, it definitely does), the concept isn't derived from anywhere specific.

Yep, this RP has nothing to do with the Monster Hunter series. The fact we can play as monsters should be a dead give away to that :)

Name: So-Rae Morgannson

Monster/Monster Hunter/Regular Person: Half-Monster. (His mother was a human-like monster, his father was a human.)

Physical Description or Picture: He's a single mind split between two bodies: One looks like a tan human with a rather poor build but great dexterity, the other is a ghostly humanoid silhouette that looks like a hole to another existence. That other side of the silhouette shows little lights that resemble stars on a dark blue evening.
How they feel about Monsters: They feel compassion for them.

Skills/Powers: They together can generate a feeling of hopelessness, pointlessness, realization, and loss within a radius of three meters. When enlightened, they can boost morale instead. The silhouette can also float and carry people around as if they weigh nothing. The silhouette cannot separate more than four meters from

Personality: Both try to be confident in times when others need a charismatic character. The human is always ready to offer support, while the silhouette is always sadly pointing out possible negative outcomes of others' decisions. It mainly does it when the decision is important, though.

Interests:

- He wants peace between monsters and humans. He knows how it feels to be a monster and that humans are no less evil.

Mannerisms/Quirks: The human is hopeful, the other is a pessimist- each body carries one end of the spectrum.

History (for Monsters, include transformation): So-Rae was never truly human, to begin with. His mother was murdered by a town that hated monsters. Even though he had everything he needed, being raised well in a middle-class suburb, he always felt torn between a world of selflessness and a world of pain and nihilism. It eventually got to the point where his mind literally split consciousness to support both of these philosophies, and his monster within, taking up the name Rae, shed its human form, taking most of the hopelessness and leaving the charisma of its former body. Both of their minds are able to feel both sides of the spectrum but both believe their side is the right one.

When the silhouette appeared, it didn't take long for him to realize that he needed to run- quickly. So he carefully set up an escape plan with his monster side and ran away.

He mainly lives in a town that advocates for monster and humankind to reconcile.

Reactions: LemonLime
Hmmm If I were to make one last character (making it 4).... What should it be? A new human, another Raptoid, or a new monster?

I.... may have an idea for one last hunter... give me a while and I'll see what I can come up with

aa4f9efd1fab3d756b18ed75d765153f.jpg

Name: Sabrina Braveheart

Sexuality(optional): Bisexual (though she's been leaning more towards a sexual attraction to females)

Monster/Monster Hunter/Regular Person (choose one): Monster Hunter

Physical Description or Picture: She is 5' 5" and weighs 110 Lbs. She's a D cup.

How they feel about Monsters(yes this question applies to monsters as well): She doesn't exactly dislike them. But there is one that she hates (and fears) specifically.

Skills/Powers (for monsters, these can be semi-supernatural abilities, for everyone else, just normal skills please):

Remarkable athlete
Great Reflexes
Gymnastics
High amounts of Stamina
Proficient with spears and javelins
Very Smart

Personality: At first glance she is a shy, reclusive, friendly girl. But she is also a bit of a coward, many wonder why she's even a hunter.

Interests: Books, Anime, Movies, basically anything any other teen girl likes.

Mannerisms/Quirks: She's insecure about her body, particularly her large chest.

Although she does like animals, there's one that she HATES.

Sabrina Braveheart was just your average girl. She was the brightest in her class, she followed the rules without question, she was also (debateably) the prettiest girl at her school. She lived with her single mother, as her father died in an accident when she was small. But the two of them were happy, very much so. But Sabrina's life would one day take a very dark turn for the worst. Monsters were always feared in her area, though she and her mother simply let people be people and did nothing to really get involved in the madness. Until one day, they were attacked by a monster them selves. Sabrina could not get a good look at its face as it was wrapped in a tattered, ragged, linen and leather, hooded cloak. But she could remember the putrid odor of decay that came from it, as well as the long spikes that poked out the back of it's cloak. That was the day, her mother was murdered and eaten right in front of her. Had it not been for a local monster hunter coming in to the rescue, Sabrina would have shared the same fate. Since that day, Sabrina vowed to take revenge in the name of her mother. Though she is still fearful of the next time she sees that thing again she hopes to muster the courage to put the freak down for good, so that no one else would have to die by the claws of that creature.

Extra (optional):

Yes, she IS hunting who you think she is

Last edited:
Reactions: marcy and LemonLime
Everyone here is so fast at making characters while I have to rewrite a paragraph over and over to make it sound decent.

Everyone here is so fast at making characters while I have to rewrite a paragraph over and over to make it sound decent.

That's alright, @LemonLime isn't even online today to accept the new characters :)

Also @Quiet hasn't made their character yet so don't feel too rushed XD

• Sympathy & Compassion
Reactions: marcy
4c71a3b81b59b04631b3c5210a06dac7.png

Name: Clive Brixton

Sexuality(optional): Heterosexual (straight)

Monster/Monster Hunter/Regular Person (choose one): Monster

Physical Description or Picture: Clive is a tall man, standing at about 6'4" with a near average build. His appearance is fully human, save for his mouth and eyes. His mouth is unnaturally large, with the split between his upper and lower jaws going back much further into his cheek area, filled with many large, strong, and sharp teeth. His eyes are sharp and calculating, with royal yellow iris set in pitch-black sclera.

How they feel about Monsters(yes this question applies to monsters as well): When he was normal, he feared them. But now he truly understands what it's like to be one, hated, feared, and scorned by regular humans.

▪Can eat most substances, both animate and inanimate, including those that are poisonous or raw.
▪Incredible jaw and tooth strength, enough to bite pieces from thick steel and concrete.
▪Highly enhanced digestive and immune system.
▪Specialized sense of smell, with which he can differentiate freshness and quality of potential food. (Note: it isn't really enhanced, just specialized like I said.)
▪When hungry, he gains enough strength to simply break something for a bite to eat.(chairs, pipe, limbs, etc.)
▪training in: intermediate diagnostic ability, common clinical procedures, emergency medical procedures (EMT training), basic surgical procedures, medical science

Personality: Clive isn't very talkative, though not exactly quiet. He is naturally curious and will go to great lengths to find answers to his questions. When meeting new people, he pays careful attention to their demeanor and how they act; he likes trying to read people. When a medical emergency comes up he becomes blunt and urgent, refusing to calm down until the patient is alright.

Interests: medicine, "the bigger picture", his research, new experiences(mostly figuring out the exact limits of his abilities), Phoenix

Mannerisms/Quirks: When meeting a new person who doesn't immediately reject him because of his obvious "monster status", he will sometimes take a bite out of something to see their reaction. Due to curiosity, he also sometimes catches himself sniffing random objects to get an idea of how it might taste.

Back when his life was normal, Clive had dreams of becoming a doctor. So he went to medical school, and eventually decided that kind of medical practice wasn't really his style and ended up dropping out after a couple years, and later picked up a new project.

World hunger. The solution most suggested had been increasing the amount of food in the world and getting it to the people suffering from hunger. However, Clive came up with a new theory. Perhaps the answer was to instead make humans more adaptable as to what they could consume and derive nutrients from. And so, after countless hours and many dead lab rats, he found something that worked. But human trials were the real issue. Clive couldn't exactly go out and get volunteers, since the entire project was illegal. And so the only availble candidate was himself. It was very risky, not knowing how it would affect him, and more importantly, whether or not he'd survive. But he decided to do it anyway, unable to bear the thought of quitting without his research ever having been really tested.

But the formula he'd concocted worked. It actually worked, he could consume toxic waste, glass, steel, and his body easily handled it. He'd eradicated hunger, blood poisoning, and many other problems. But he knew his findings would never be accepted, even if they didn't alter the body like this, because they aren't the work of a human. Not anymore.

Nowadays he continues his work in secret, trying to perfect it. He has joined a group called Phoenix in order to observe and record anything that might shed light on the faults in his research, aiding Phoenix in their agenda however he can as he does so.

Extra (optional): His most treasured possession is a book filled with his findings, along with some photos of old friends. He also carries around a few syringes filled with 70mg of epinephrine(adrenaline) each, in case of combat situations. Taking more than one of these in a days time, even with his being nearly impervious to poisoning, is still dangerous. (50mg is the highest known dose anyone has survived, with the safety level being around only 4mg.)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Physical Description or Picture: Clive is a tall man, standing at about 6'4" with a near average build. His appearance is fully human, save for his mouth and eyes. His mouth is unnaturally large, with the split between his upper and lower jaws going back much further into his cheek area, filled with many large, strong, and sharp teeth. His eyes are sharp and calculating, with royal yellow iris set in pitch-black sclera.

How they feel about Monsters(yes this question applies to monsters as well): When he was normal, he feared them. But now he truly understands what it's like to be one, hated, feared, and scorned by regular humans.

▪Can eat most substances, both animate and inanimate, including those that are poisonous or raw.
▪Incredible jaw and tooth strength, enough to bite pieces from thick steel and concrete.
▪Specialized sense of smell, with which he can differentiate freshness and quality of potential food. (Note: it isn't really enhanced, just specialized like I said.)
▪When hungry, he gains enough strength to simply break something for a bite to eat.(chairs, pipe, limbs, etc.)

Personality: Clive isn't very talkative, though not exactly quiet. He is naturally curious and will go to great lengths to find answers to his questions. When meeting new people, he pays careful attention to their demeanor and how they act; he likes trying to read people. When a medical emergency comes up he becomes blunt and urgent, refusing to calm down until the patient is alright.

Interests: medicine, "the bigger picture", his research, new experiences(mostly figuring out the exact limits of his abilities), Phoenix

Mannerisms/Quirks: When meeting a new person who doesn't immediately reject him because of his obvious "monster status", he will sometimes take a bite out of something to see their reaction. Due to curiosity, he also sometimes catches himself sniffing random objects to get an idea of how it might taste.

Back when his life was normal, Clive had dreams of becoming a doctor. So he went to medical school, and eventually decided that kind of medical practice wasn't really his style and ended up dropping out after a couple years, and later picked up a new project.

World hunger. The solution most suggested had been increasing the amount of food in the world and getting it to the people suffering from hunger. However, Clive came up with a new theory. Perhaps the answer was to instead make humans more adaptable as to what they could consume and derive nutrients from. And so, after countless hours and many dead lab rats, he found something that worked. But human trials were the real issue. Clive couldn't exactly go out and get volunteers, since the entire project was illegal. And so the only availble candidate was himself. It was very risky, not knowing how it would affect him, and more importantly, whether or not he'd survive. But he decided to do it anyway, unable to bear the thought of quitting without his research ever having been really tested.

But the formula he'd concocted worked. It actually worked, he could consume toxic waste, glass, steel, and his body easily handled it. He'd eradicated hunger, blood poisoning, and many other problems. But he knew his findings would never be accepted, even if they didn't alter the body like this, because they aren't the work of a human. Not anymore.

Nowadays he continues his work in secret, trying to perfect it. He has joined a group called Phoenix in order to observe and record anything that might shed light on the faults in his research, aiding Phoenix in their agenda however he can as he does so.

Extra (optional): His most treasured possession is a book filled with his findings, along with some photos of old friends. He also carries around a few syringes filled with 70mg of epinephrine(adrenaline) each, in case of combat situations. Taking more than one of these in a days time, even with his being nearly impervious to poisoning, is still dangerous. (50mg is the highest known dose anyone has survived, with the safety level being around only 4mg.)​

I have a feeling he's going to be the one to make an anti-venom for when they encounter Death Spike for the first time... I can also Imagine he and Sun Flare getting along okay (both of them seem very anti-social)

I love him! Sorry I wasn't online today you guys, back to school shopping! I'll have my own characters up soon, and then I'll create the main roleplay.
@LonelyKeeper your character is accepted!
@TyranntX great job with all of your characters honestly, they're all very cool
I might not be on very much tomorrow either, I have D&D (how much more of a nerd could I be? You'd be surprised)

I love him! Sorry I wasn't online today you guys, back to school shopping! I'll have my own characters up soon, and then I'll create the main roleplay.
@LonelyKeeper your character is accepted!
@TyranntX great job with all of your characters honestly, they're all very cool
I might not be on very much tomorrow either, I have D&D (how much more of a nerd could I be? You'd be surprised)

I play D&D with buddies every Friday, so I understand :)

• Love
Reactions: LemonLime