[Samuel x Roman]

That, Samuel, couldn't help but think, had actually been really good. Maybe a little awkward at least from his part, but still good, and the slight pain having been made up for by actually being attracted to who he was doing it with.He never thought he'd allow himself to think that way about another guy, always stopping himself before he had the chance, but looking over at Roman as the boy ran a hand through his hair he couldn't really deny it.

Samuel was honestly not really sure what to do or say next, he continued to be quiet for a while and when Roman spoke he felt a bit relieved that he hadn't had to break the silence.He definitively didn't want to stay there after everything, he also didn't want to go home yet. He hadn't been drinking so technically he could go home, but he didn't think he could deal with being in the same proximity as his dad after doing something he knew he'd hate him for.

He and Roman had to be friends in some kind of way by now, right? And being with a friend sounded better than being left alone with the creeping sense of shame that he knew would grow as soon as he came home and didn't have something to distract himself from thinking about it.

He really didn't want to be ashamed at this point and he wished he could be more like Roman in that he seemed so confident in everything he did. But he guessed not wanting to feel ashamed of who he was a step to not being it.

"Kind of weird I guess, I can't believe we jut did that" Samuel admitted, and then got quiet for a couple of seconds as he did one last run through of his options in what to do next before asking, "Would you mind if I came with you? It's just... I don't really see myself going home right now and I don't want to stay here so..."

r o m a n
"Of course," said Roman. The last thing he wanted was to leave Samuel alone to dwell and stew on what they had done that evening -- that would be more detrimental than progressive in the long and perilous quest of helping the young man understand his sexuality.

Roman sat up and turned on the lamp, illuminating his almost dangerously thin body. Of course, it had been on display to Samuel pretty much all evening, but it had been dark. Now, with the light, there was no way to hide how thin he was. His back faced Samuel in this moment, and each nub of his spine was visible, along with the ribs and the tops of his pelvis and hips. His elbows and shoulder blades jutted out. When he turned his head to pick up his phone, it was clear how defined his jaw was, simply because there was no skin to make a double chin.

It was really the only thing Roman was actually insecure about. He grabbed his shirt, pulled it on over his head and stood up, not caring about his otherwise nakedness, before tugging on his underwear and shorts. His hair was a mess so he ran his fingers through it haphazardly and picked up Samuel's clothes, placing them on the bed beside him.

"We'll go out the window so no one will see you," he murmured, guessing that Samuel didn't particularly fancy the attention he would be given by the drama nerds or anyone else still inside the house.

With the lights turned on it was impossible to not take note of Romans probably to skinny to be a completely healthy figure. Samuel couldn't say it really affected the fact that the other looked really good, probably due to the fact that it didn't look all that out of place with him being so tall. He had seen the way the guy ate but he supposed he still could have some kind of eating disorder, or maybe it was connected to his health issue, or maybe he just hadn't caught up to his height. Either way, Samuel really didn't think it was his and before he knew it Roman had put the rest of his clothes on.

He quickly got dressed back into his plain blue T-shirt and shorts as Roman proposed how to get out. Samuel would have laughed at the effort Roman assumed he'd go through for people not to find out if it wasn't for the fact that he found the idea quite a smart resolution to a problem he hadn't even gotten a chance to consider yet. So instead he shot Roman a slightly apologetic smile and walked over to the window, messed around trying to figure out to open it for a moment before succeeding, at which he stepped back and said "After you" with a small gesture to their makeshift exit, while it was a good way to avoid whoever reminded in the house he wasn't really all that keen on going out through a window.

r o m a n
Roman, however, had gone through many windows in his day. He climbed out with grace highly uncharacteristic of such a tall person and basically stepped down from the windowsill, another advantage of his height. Once Samuel was on the grass, too, he closed the window, slowly and quietly, and lead the other boy through the side gate and down the road.

Luckily for them, Bella's house was not too far away from Roman's, just around the corner, in fact, and they were at Roman's house within ten minutes. They didn't need to sneak around here, so Roman lead Samuel through the front door and down the hall, past his parents' and London's rooms and into his.

Once there, he handed Samuel a different shirt, which he could use for pyjamas. Then he kicked off his shorts, put pyjama shorts on and climbed into bed, turning on his lamp as he did so, and pulling a bottle of Coke out of his minifridge as caffeine had no affect on him.

"Does it hurt?" he asked in a whisper.

Samuel changed into the shirt and took his shorts back off, hesitating a little before getting into bed next to roman. It was probably dumb feeling awkward and nervous about sharing a bed, after what they had already done so he chose to ignore the feeling for now.

He couldn't really ignore the blush that appeared on his face at the question, though, and was glad it was dark so that Roman wouldn't notice.

"not that bad," he said, just as quiet as the other had. It really wasn't, sure it hurt a bit but he had been so preoccupied thinking about what had happened to take note of it. Also talking about things like that kind of made him embarrassed so instead he decided to say whatever he could come up with to change the subject.

"should you really be drinking coke before bed" he really did question the decision to consume sugar in the middle of the night, although maybe not enough to comment about it had he not wanted to talk about something else.

r o m a n
Roman could tell Samuel wanted to change the subject, and he wasn't going to deny him that right since he had already surpassed whatever Roman had thought him capable of doing that night. He also suspected Samuel was probably lying about the pain, thought that might have just been Roman's ego -- he wasn't exactly small by any means.

He chuckled at the mention of the Coke, guzzled some more down and sat up to reach to a little plastic box. He opened it and pulled out three different bottles of pills.

"Caffeine doesn't work for me," he revealed as he poured the correct dosage of each type of pill onto the lid of the box. "Actually, apparently I have ADHD so it calms me down. I don't know, it's weird. It's like how some insomniacs take speed to go to sleep."

Roman shrugged, put all the pills in his mouth -- it was at least seven -- and threw them back with the Coke. They treated his haemophilia, his ADHD, his anxiety, his vitamin D deficiency -- there was really a lot wrong with Roman other than his skinny body.

He settled back down into bed beside Samuel and turned on his side to face him. "You probably feel like shit now but it will get better for you," he said, rather adamantly. "It's a hard thing to come to terms with when you haven't lived your entire life knowing what you are." Like Roman had. "It's a hard thing to swallow -- no pun intended," he added with a slightly embarrassed chuckle, scratching the corner of his mouth subconsciously.

Samuel almost cringed a little as he watched Roman throw in a large number of pills in his mouth, making it seem like the most mundane thing in the world as he washed them down with the soda.
Listening to Roman, and chuckling along with his oddly fitting choice of words, made him feel better and he was happy he had come along with him instead reverting to square one by going home.

"Yeah, hopefully, it will, I guess," he yawned before continuing to speak "anyways, thank you"

At this point, he didn't really see it getting much better any time soon, but Roman was probably right. He probably wouldn't have to worry about this after they had graduated at least, when he wouldn't have to be so concerned with people at school finding out, and he knew he'd probably feel even more thankful for Roman forcing him to admit things to himself then.

He yawned again, feeling his eyelids starting to become heavy, which reminded him it really was late. Had he not started to feel so tired he would have probably liked to just lay there and talk to Roman some more, but instead he found himself drifting off to sleep.

r o m a n
When Roman woke up the next morning, it was late. Around ten, though this wasn't uncommon for him, and especially not after a party. So his family wouldn't be concerned -- and they also probably wouldn't be concerned when they learned he had a guy over.

He could hear them moving around in the kitchen, making breakfast and talking about their weekends. It was Saturday, so neither of his parents would be working, though his mother would probably have to grade tests or something.

Roman looked over at a peaceful, sleeping Samuel and gently shook him awake, his hand on the other male's waist.

"Wake up. You want some pancakes?"

Being woken up by Roman Hemlock asking about pancakes was slightly confusing. Actually, waking up in another bed that his own was an experience Samuel wasn't used to, and in his tired mind figuring out why that was enough of a challenge on without adding trying to understand why he felt Romans hand on his waist.

Samuel slowly blinked his eyes open, getting used to the light while the memories of last night flooded back in.
He tried to recap things to make sense of the situation. Roman had confronted him about ignoring him, he had admitted to being... He still had trouble forming the sentence even in his head, they had had sex and then he had slept over at Romans place. It was kind of a lot and Samuel was to tired to get worked up about the whole thing now.

He cared more about the pancakes, which was what he was actually being asked about.
"Yeah, sure" he said with a yawn, sitting up and stretching as he spoke, noticing he still was a little sore from last night, "pancakes sounds good"

r o m a n

Roman got out of bed, stretched his long body and picked up his container of medication, shoving it in his pocket before leading Samuel out of his room and down the hallway. The kitchen was filled with the aroma of pancakes and toppings, and voices. The voices of his family.

Stellan Hemlock was a middle-aged man with thinning blond hair, average height and a muscular build, with bright blue eyes. Ingrid Hemlock was a beautiful woman of the same age, pale skin, curvy figure and Roman's green eyes. London, Roman's twin sister, was a slender, short girl with brown hair and green eyes like her twin, though she looked like death now as she had probably woken up a few minutes ago.

When Roman and Samuel stepped into the kitchen, London looked up, sighted Samuel and her eyes went wide. She immediately got up, blushed furiously and shot Roman a filthy look, as if to say 'why didn't you tell me you had a hot guy over'. Roman found that hilarious.

"Mum, Dad, this is Samuel," said Roman, gesturing to the boy and leaving his title open in case Samuel wanted to decide what they were now. "Samuel, this is my dad Stellan and my mum Ingrid."

Stellan and Ingrid did not look surprised to see their son with a boy. Ingrid gave Samuel a huge smile and handed both boys plates stacked with cinnamon-covered pancakes. "It's very nice to meet you, Samuel."

Soon they were both seated at the table with their pancakes and hot chocolate, which Roman used to wash down his pills. London came back out with neat hair and brushed teeth, and sat across the table from Samuel with a charming smile. She looked exactly like Roman.

"This is my loser twin sister London," Roman teased, as he found London's flirting highly redundant.

He followed Roman into the kitchen where the rest of his family seemed to be, he didn't really get a good look at Romans sister before she was out the room, but he was introduced to Romans parents almost right away.

Samuel was always a little on the edge meeting people's parents, less now but when he was younger he would just assume they would behave and have the same rules and expectations as his own. Based on Romans description that probably wasn't the case, but seeing as Samuels own parents wouldn't like him having friends spending the night without giving them a heads up he couldn't help but be a little concerned about imposing and when introduced he answered with a "nice to meet you, as well", at least making an effort to be polite, just in case.

Romans sister came out after they had sat down and, god, did they really look alike. The same hair colour, eye colour, good looks. Everything except the height apparently. So when Roman introduced her as his twin he uttered a sarcastic "Your twin sister? I would have never guessed" at Roman before giving London a quick smile as he addressed her with the same phrase as before, seeing as she hadn't been in the room, "It's nice meeting you"

r o m a n

"It's very nice to meet you too," London said brightly. Roman rolled his eyes. If it were anyone else Roman had brought home and London was flirting with, Roman probably would have grown incredibly defensive since London would be trying to steal Roman's bae. But this was Samuel Ortega, who was very popular, and to the public eye, very heterosexual.

"What time did you get home last night?" Stellan asked his son from his place at the head of the table. Roman on his right, Ingrid on his left, London beside her mother. Samuel took Brooklyn's usual place.

"About four in the morning," Roman answered as he poured honey on his pancakes.

"I see. So, Samuel, what do your parents do?" Stellan had the air of a father chewing out his daughter's boyfriend. He was like this with any guy Roman or London ever brought home. Roman found it hilarious.

Samuel looked between Roman and his sister not really sure what was going on, then he moved on to look at whoever would speak next. He felt a little out of place joining the family during their breakfast, especially because the atmosphere seemed pretty different from the one Samuel was used to at home. Not that it was that bad eating breakfast with his parents, but the three of them usually just ate as quickly as possible or not even together to get the day started as soon as possible.

Speaking of his family.
"Oh, Um, my dad works with It and my mum's a hairdresser," Samuel said, caught slightly off guard by being asked something, and also the way he was being asked. It wasn't really a hard question though, "Nothing special"

He shrugged, waited for Roman to be done pouring the honey and then poured some on his own pancakes as well. Not to much though, pancakes was practically already dessert for breakfast really shouldn't be to sweet in Samuels opinion.

r o m a n

"Ooh, I think I see your mother for my highlights," said Ingrid sweetly, brushing a delicate hand over her hair as she smiled at Samuel. Ingrid was a very likeable lady, as she was kind and open to everyone, with a very motherly attitude to most people. "There are only a couple of hairdressers in town, you must be Susan's boy. You look quite similar."

"Wait, Mum, I think you taught Samuel in Year 2," Roman mused. He had been in his mother's class in Year 2, and now he recognised Samuel as the kid who sat beside London.

"Really?" Ingrid got up, disappeared into her office and came back with a nine-year-old yearbook. She opened it, and they found a picture of little Samuel.

"Naw, you were so cute," Roman teased, poking Samuel in the ribs. "And there's me, looking obnoxiously fabulous for an eight-year-old."

"You looked like a potato."

"You are a potato."

"Stop bickering," said Stellan with a roll of his blue eyes.

Samuel nodded at the mention of his mother's name. It wasn't all that uncommon for people to tell him that they knew who his mother was, and she would always tell him that one of the best parts of the job was that you got to talk with all the people you wouldn't get to know otherwise.

The mention being taught by her in year 2 made Samuel a little curious and he tried to remember whether or not she had, if he thought about it he was pretty sure he could remember her somewhat. He also wondered if Roman had been in the same class and when Ingrid left and then came back with an old yearbook Samuel tried to see if that was the case.

Roman found Samuel quicker though and he playfully showed him away a little at the comment and poke as a way of telling him to shut up and found Romans own picture as it was mentioned. Upon seeing it he remembered having been in the same class as him, although only vaguely, they probably hadn't talked much even then.

London beat him to comment on kid-Romans looks as he had done to him, her comment and her brothers report still made him chuckle, though. Even though he mostly just sat and observed the things happening, something that wasn't all that uncommon for him and something he really didn't mind, he decided he liked the Hemlock family as a whole.

r o m a n
Roman and London continued their petty argument over who was the better looking child until Ingrid affectionately sighed, rolled her eyes and put the yearbook away as it was 'causing unnecessary fights'. Roman and London then helped their mother with the dishes, Stellan disappeared into the living room to watch football and Ingrid shooed the kids away.

Roman lead Samuel back to his bedroom, sat down in the desk chair and threw a shirt at London when she tried to flip him off from the doorway. She shrieked and ran back into her own room, leaving her twin smirking victoriously.

"She's totally into you," he informed Samuel as London's shitty pop music grew loud enough so she wouldn't be able to hear their conversation. He had learned how to read his sister perfectly, and he could always tell when she was interested in a guy. Though, unfortunately for her, the chances of this guy reciprocating that interest were quite slim.

As they entered Romans bedroom he found his short and put them on finding his phone in his pocket. He pulled out to find a couple of unread texts from yesterday and a missed call and a text from his mother that had been sent this morning. It was simply asking him if he'd be home by lunchtime at which he typed out 'Idk, maybe' as a response.

"what? No way. Really?" he said at Romans statement and put the phone back in his pocket and sat down on the edge of the bed, he honestly didn't what his sister had done to indicate she was, quote, into him during their short exchange of words, but he assumed Roman would see that seeing as she was his twin. Or maybe Samuel was just really oblivious to those kinds of things, people had told him that before.

r o m a n
"Dude, are you fuckin' blind?" Roman inquired casually, pulling his own phone out of his pocket and informing Bella that he had not been murdered or abducted by aliens, and that he had simply contracted a migraine and gone home. He also got chronic migraines, as if the haemophilia and all that other shit wasn't enough. If Roman had been religious, he would have suspected that God hated him.

"She had total goo-goo eyes over you." Roman smirked and tossed his phone back onto his desk, stretching his arms out in front of him. "Which is good for you, I guess. She doesn't hit on my actual boyfriends so if she was flirting with you, it means she thinks you're straight."

Roman chuckled, as if this was hugely amusing to him, and pushed a lazy hand through his messy hair.

"So I've been told several times" Samuel laughed and waved his hand in front of his eyes as if he couldn't see them. It honestly made him relieved that him not being straight wasn't as obvious as it had been for Roman, "I mean it'd be better if I would have gotten to know that without her flirting with me, no offense to your sister"

He was quiet a moment before his phone started to vibrate in his pocket. He sighed, took it out and looked at the screen which told him it was his mother calling, probably angry at his shitty answer to her text.

"hang on," he said to Roman before accepting the call, knowing that his mother probably would call again if he didn't.

"Samuel," there was a mild irritation to his mother's voice, but she was probably not all that mad. "do you think I can read your thoughts"

"Nope," Samuel informed her.

"Then give me an actual answer next time," his short answer just irritated her more but then she sighed and gave up on the annoyed tone, "I need to know how many people I'm making food for"

"Yeah, sorry, mum.."

"So will you be eating at home or not?"

His eyes flickered to Roman briefly, if he was being honest with himself he really wouldn't mind continuing to hang out with him so his reply was once again "I don't know"

"Samuel" his mother seemingly didn't like that answer as the irritated tone was back.

"Alright, sorry, yes I will" he sighed, guessing it was probably for the better seeing as he had been using staying over at Evans' as an excuse for the party and lunchtime usually was the time Evans parents wanted people out.

His mother then proceeded to tell him that food should be done in about an hour, that he had to come home anyways because Daisy needed to go out for a walk and she was busy and that she loved him, before hanging up.

"My mum wants me home," he said, a little apologetic, since part of the reason he needed to go, was that he didn't want to be caught lying.

r o m a n
Roman politely tuned out of the conversation when Samuel answered his phone, instead playing with one of the candles on his desk, which just meant dripping tiny amounts of the lavender-scented wax onto the back of his hand and enjoying the slight burn. If he wasn't haemophiliac, Roman would probably be one of those people who stuck their fingers with pins for kicks.

He pouted when Samuel announced he had to leave. As weird as it was, Roman was enjoying himself with Samuel, and not in the sense that he had gotten laid for the first time in, well, a week. But in the sense that he just genuinely enjoyed spending time with his new friend.

"If I lock you in the shed you can't leave me," he said matter-of-factly, putting the candle down and running his finger over the smooth wax that was clinging to his pale skin. "What do I have to do to get you to stay? Do I have to suck your dick again?" he asked, only half-joking.