Mafia 4.0: Day Thread #8

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
It varied for me as Medium last game - some of the info was given after I asked, some was freely given by the deceased.

• Useful
Reactions: Joan
Still, if Kilgore were to volunteer the information, the Medium could read and relay, correct?

IRRC from being Medium, they can't reveal anything learned during the day phase until the following day... (basically using their ability during the night to read the dead chat)

• Love
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
IRRC from being Medium, they can't reveal anything learned during the day phase until the following day... (basically using their ability during the night to read the dead chat)
Ohhhhhhh. Okay. Well that makes sense now XD

Actually I am pretty sure the medium can report what they read in the dead chat right away? I copy pasted this from the second post:

• Medium: The medium can communicate with the dead. They will be part of the dead chat. While they can always see the dead chat, they are only allowed to talk to the dead at night. After they die, they will be able to send one message. They may choose who to send this message to at any time. The message will be sent at night.

So the medium can always read the chat, and it doesn't have any ristriction on when they can reveal what they learn, unless I am missing something obvois, wich is very likely.

@Kimberlyn Could you clear this up for us, pretty please?

The way I saw it "can only talk to the dead at night" meant that they can't see the chat, but can't UTILIZE it except at night, and therefore can only convey the information the following day. But I could be wrong.

It honestly depends on the way @Kimberlyn rules it. In the game I ran, the medium was allowed to read the dead chat and reveal information whenever.

the lore has it that we all stand in a circle and argue over who to lynch, so it'd make more sense to only allow communication at night. but, it's written in a way that could be left to GM's discretion

the lore has it that we all stand in a circle and argue over who to lynch, so it'd make more sense to only allow communication at night. but, it's written in a way that could be left to GM's discretion

Yeah - This was my interpretation. Since most of the actions, save I think Mayor? can be used only at night, I figured the same for Medium.

For the sake of clarification, I'm ruling that any information the medium learns during the day phase from the dead chat may NOT be used until the following day phase. :3

Okay. Well....that sucks XD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Rae
HAI I'M HERE I'M ALIVE I SWEAR

I should probably go ahead and mention that I'm not available Friday through Sunday currently, so y'all don't kill me if I'm not around pretty pls XD

Starlighter - A dark figure on a dark and spiky horse. This just reeks of evil. Guilty!
ARE YOU SAYING I REEK OF EVIL? Ruuuuuuuude man, rude. Jk jk, that wa pretty fun to read, heh
Canadian Cat - A Cat in Canadian attire. We can trust Canadians, but can we trust Cats? Inconclusive.
As a Canadian myself, I can 100% confirm that we are trustworthy. I'm also slightly biased towards cats - how could anything so cute and cuddly be working for the mafia? @Canadian Cat is definitely 100% innocent, guys, you heard it here first!

((Just fyi I don't mean that seriously, I'm not about to base a read of someone on an obvious joke, lol))

No but for real, guys...who was roleblocked?
*raises hand* Oi, that would be me!

At least be subtle about your bloodlust. Make the killing game interesting! I mean wut?

*is taking notes of suspicious people* Don't mind me, nothing to see here.

*is taking notes of suspicious people* Don't mind me, nothing to see here.

Who seems suspicious to you, out of curiosity? I'm having difficult gauging anything at this point '-_-

I mean, a lot of us are jokingly radiating bloodlust. At least, I hope jokingly.

Who seems suspicious to you, out of curiosity? I'm having difficult gauging anything at this point '-_-

I mean, a lot of us are jokingly radiating bloodlust. At least, I hope jokingly.

Pretty much everyone. Though even jokingly, @The_J is acting suspiciously like he did last game. Can't tell if that is their personality for the game as a whole or perhaps a repeat role.